12.

"Here, Ebony, have a seat." Carter smiled sweetly as I walked into the dining room where everyone was sitting around a beautiful wooden table.

I glared at him as he pulled out my chair. "Ouch," I whispered as I sat in the chair and rubbed my very sore butt.

Carter quietly laughed to himself  as he sat down next to me.

"It's not funny." I snapped, shooting him a stare.

"Then you should have been a good girl." He kissed my cheek gently and rubbed my leg under the table. I felt his fingers touch the bite mark he had given me on my upper thigh, and I jumped slightly. I had forgotten that he had bitten me, and then I blushed as I remembered the pure pleasure I had felt from it. It was actually euphoric.

"You okay, Eb? You look like you're about to faint or pass out?" Jake said as he slowly raised his eyebrow at me from across the table.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him, but he just kept looking at me. "I'm fine, Jake, I promise."

Jake just shook his head and cleared his throat. "Right now that everyone is finally here." His blue eyes landed on me. "Can we please discuss what the actual fuck is going on and how we intend to deal with it?"

"Good question," Callan said, sipping on his glass of blood. "Where are we exactly?" He asked Leon.

Leon sighed. "We are in a parallel world between the human and vampire world. I created it many years ago as I planned to create an army here and then unleash it upon the world. Thankfully it never came to pass, and I ended up using it for my own selfish gain with Ebony here. I do again apologize for everything I did."

"Thank you," I said, reaching for his hand on the table. "I know it wasn't you, Leon."

"I was still involved, and for that, I truly am sorry." He patted my hand. "And to you, dear brother, I know we have a lot to talk about."

"We have a lot to discuss, Leon, yes, but you owe me nothing. I had a lot of time to think while I was stuck in hell, and although it was the darkness that put me there, I probably deserved it. I have done so many terrible, unspeakable things in my past, and I have no one to blame but myself. I should have been there for your little brother, and for that, I owe you an apology."

"I don't deserve it, but I will accept your apology." Leon smiled.

"From this moment, we fight together, not against each other. If the darkness is truly out there and in search of my son, then I'm going to need all the help I can get." Carter said, looking over at Callan. "I can promise you that I will not let it get you even if that means I spend my eternity in hell again. You will be safe, my son."

"I know," Callan said, looking down at his hands on the table. "I know that."

"We will fight this time and win," Leon said to Callan. "The Morgan blood curse ends now."

"How do we stop it?" I said quietly.

"Well, first of all, we need to..." Carter stopped talking and suddenly groaned loudly in pain as he covered his ears. "What is this....?" He yelled loudly as he struggled to speak.

"Carter, what is happening?" I cried out, watching him yell loudly in the most painful way. He was holding his head and screaming for something to stop.

"Carter," I yelled, touching his chest. "What is going on?" I looked back at Leon.

"Oh, no," Leon said as his eyes widened. "It can't be?"

"What?" I gasped.

"I think something may have hitched a ride out of hell with him. It's not uncommon for this to happen. Why didn't I think to check it before? Damn it!"