21.

"I do apologise for yesterday and Victoria's behaviour. Foster told me everything this evening, and I am truly sorry." Henry said as we walked through the castle.

"You can't marry her, Henry. You don't love her, and she is only after the title. I want you to be happy and in love, not miserable and scared of your wife." I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. "You deserve someone who loves you unconditionally, not...that!"

He shrugged. "It is what it is, I guess. To be honest, Ebony, maybe this is for the best. I mean, I've never been in love, and I doubt anyone will ever love me. My parents were arranged, and they tolerated each other for hundreds of years. It's my duty as king to produce an heir, and I kind of need a female to do that." He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "This is my reason for being created, and it will be my child's responsibility as well."

"No offence, but that's complete bullshit, your highness. You are an amazing vampire who has so much to offer, and I'll be damned if that bitch is going to get the pleasure of calling you her husband. You deserve happiness, Henry, and you deserve to be loved and cuddled and taken care of." I smiled up at him as he stared down at me, a little embarrassed at my words. "You are such a great guy, and I want to see you happy. So don't rush into anything right now, Okay? You promise me."

He looked at me and slightly nodded his head, avoiding my eyes.

"Henry, you will find the one, and she will change everything for you." I touched his arm gently. "You are the damn king, and you don't settle for anyone."

He smiled. "You are always right."

"I know." I snuggled into his side as we walked towards the others in the grand hall. "Go inspire your world to keep fighting like you always do."

He stopped at the door and cleared his throat fixing his white shirt. "We will catch up later?"

"Anytime," I said, helping to fix his collar.

He just gave me a big Henry smile and then walked into the great hall,  every vampire was on their feet clapping and cheering for him. He was certainly loved by his vampires.

I leaned against the door as he began his speech about working together and defending their way of life. It was met with cheers and loud whistling. Well, the whistling was all Jake like it usually is.

I saw Carter and Leon walk toward Henry, and listened as they gave their speech about living in a safe world and fighting for your family. Carter told the story of Leon and his battle against the darkness and how he will never give up fighting for those who fight at his side.

I smiled as the room absolutely erupted into a cheer at his words, and Carter's eyes met mine all the way in the back of the room.

"I will never stop protecting those who stand with me. No matter what creature you are, I will always protect you, and that is my blood promise to you." He smiled at me. "I will die making sure you are safe."

I smiled back at him and blew him a kiss. He pretended to catch it, and I laughed as he put it in his pocket.

"Will you stand with me, my brothers and sisters, and help us protect our world from the greatest threat we have ever known," Carter yelled, and again the room was filled with applause and shouting.

"He is quite something, isn't he?" A voice said next to me.

"Excuse me?" I said to a tall slim, pretty girl standing next to me.

"Leon Morgan, I mean, look at him. He is just so, perfect." She smiled sweetly as she watched Leon and  Carter on the stage. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." She blushed.