33.

"This is the place," I said standing in the middle of the dirt crossroads ninety paces right from the moon's shadow at midnight. "This is definitely the place."

"Oh yeah, there's the tree you were hung..." Jacob stopped talking as I glared at him. "Never mind. It must be a different tree." He walked over to Callan and hid behind him.

"Yeah, I will not protect you man." Callan pushed Jake away from him.

"So much for brothers for life," Jacob scoffed at him.

"What do we do now exactly?" Henry said looking around nervously. "This place gives me the creeps."

"We give her a sacrifice and bury the blood of the victim at the crossroad," I said looking around.

"We need to kill someone?" Henry said raising an eyebrow. "There is no one here?"

"There was a town not far from here," Callan said. "I'll run over and find some drunk for you."

"I think I have a better plan than that," I said pulling a knife out of my pocket.

"You carry that thing around with you?" Jacob said nervously. "Wait, what is the plan here best boss in the world?" He took a step back. "You know I always have your back right."

"There is no need to grovel  Jacob. You are not needed as a sacrifice this time." I smiled at him.

"Thank fuck for that." He gave me the thumbs up. "Callan, your up man." He pushed Callan towards me. Callan quickly reacted by putting Jacob in a headlock.

"If I go, we both go." Callan laughed as they wrestled together.

"Enough," I yelled at them. "I'm the bait, you idiots."

"Oh? Yeah, that makes more sense." Callan said pushing Jacob off him.

"You do what you gotta do Bossman." Jacob pushed Callan back.

"Stop it or I will change my mind," I growled at them.

"We good." They both said talking a few steps backwards.

"Fucken idiots," I grunted as I began to dig a hole in the crossroad.

"Do you think this will work?" Leon said bending down beside me and scooping out the dirt.

"Trust me. This demon will not ignore my blood. What happens after that though is anyone's guess."

Leon laughed. "You always did L like to play with fire."

"And I always got burnt." I smiled. "That should do it," I looked at the hole in the earth. "Everyone make a circle around me and be prepared for anything." I held the knife to my hand. "Here we go." I slid the blade across my hand and let my black blood pour into the hole in the ground. "That should do it. We cover it up and wait." I said covering my blood with dirt and then taking a big step backwards. "Right, that's done then." I started to tap my foot nervously as we waited.

"How long does this take?" Henry said tapping his thumbs together.

"Umm, it's not a precise science. It takes as long as needed I guess." I bit my lip. "Any second now."

"Typical chick right?" Callan whispered. "Probably doing her nails or something?"

"Shut it," I growled impatiently.

"Maybe she's not here anymore?" Leon shrugged.

"Oh, she's still here. She's just making me wait for her." I smiled. "I know you're there, Penny. I can smell you." I was suddenly surrounded by the smell of lavender and brimstone. "Good to see you haven't changed your scent."