Chapter Forty-Two

I was serving a customer and taking their order. It was rush hour, so everything was becoming packed. It was so overwhelming, but I have done it plenty of times.

I wasn't paying attention to the customers at this point anymore. I say hello and take their orders, then onto the next. I barely even look at them. This next guy though, he was so fucking fine.

He was tall and handsome. He long locs that fell to the side that reached his shoulders. He had nose ring on the left and a stud in his right nose. He had big two toned lips. The upper lip was more of a dark brown and his bottom were deep bright prink. He had a grown out beard that was well taken care of and shaped up. His skin was clear and a deep dark brown.

He was so sexy, oh my god. I was so mesmerized by him that I missed his whole order. I don't even know what he said at all.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that for me again," I stammer.

"Can I get a Caramel macchiato with a extra shot of expresso. Also a Expresso with semi skimmed milk and a two tablespoons of sugar," He repeated.

"Is that all for you today?" I asked.

"Lemme get a tall glass of you," he smirks.

If it was possible to blush as black girl, I think I would red as shit right now. I laughed a little and tried to hold my composure, but ended up laughing.

"What's the name for that order?"

"Devon," he says.

"Okay, Devon that will ten dollars and eight three  cents," I said.

He handed me his card and it was pure black. I looked at the card in my hand and back up at him. I have only heard about these type of cards in shows, I have never seen one in real life. I raised my eyebrows and took in his attire.

He didn't give off rich boy vibes at all. He was in a black sweater shirt and sweatpants that were kinda sagging. He also had a chain around his neck and I noticed the side of his ear being pierced. He looks like ever other nigga in New York, he probably stole it.

"I didn't steal it if that's what your wondering."

He interrupts my thoughts and I snap out of my daze. I shrugged my shoulders and scanned the card. It was not my business, I'm just the server. I hand him back his card.

"Your name will be called when your order is finished, Devon."

I enunciated his name, just to show I don't particularly believe him. He moved on and I kept serving people. I don't call out the names for people, then I heard his name get called.

I was watching the guy, because he was fine. He gets the coffees and looks at me. He winks at me and pulls something out his pocket. I glance away and keep doing what I'm doing. He leaves a few seconds later.

"You just bagged yourself a man, because here," Isabella giggles.

She hands me something and it was cash with a note. I took it from her and stashed it in my pocket. I would look at it later, not right now though.

I was clocking out now and was so tired. I was hella tired, because I was up talking to fucking Grayson last night. I yawned and tried to keep myself awake. I finally looked in my pocket and decided to see how much he tipped me.

I counted every bill at least five times. He tipped me hundred dollars. Who the fuck just gives someone a hundred for tip. I looked at his number on the paper.

I looked at his number and the cash in my hand. I should at least thank the guy, because it really wasn't needed. I'm grateful for it though. I put the money in my purse and put his number in my phone.