Chapter Forty-Nine

Today was actually smooth, I avoided Adam at all costs. It was obvious that there was tension between us. Every time we were near each other it was just silence.

Plus he was always glaring at me and Selena had to talk some sense into him. I tried my best to ignore it, but it was expected. I heard side comments, but nothing was ever said to my face.

It was a bit mad though. I was playing hot potato with the guys in the family. Not anymore, because I'm not messing around with anyone in this family anymore.

I have had my share and I think I'm pretty good. It was like two in the morning and somehow I wasn't tired. I was just downstairs since I didn't wanna wake Gray up.

I had to sneak out of there. He wasn't tryna let me go at all. I heard movement and I became alert. The person went towards the kitchen. I went to go take a quick peak and it was only Elijah. What was he doing up?

"Elijah," I whisper, call.

He doesn't hear me and I get closer. I don't think he heard me at all, because he slightly jumps. He grabs my arm and lets me go immediately.

"Fuck princess, you scared me," he exhaled.

"Sorry, I wasn't tryna be loud."

"You're fine."

I step into the kitchen more and he opens the fridge. He gets a bottle of water out and starts to drink it.

"Haven't spoken to you much today," he said.

"It's fine, you are the host."

"Partially, you know the real organizer is Selena."

"That is correct, she loves big events."

"Yeah, so I left her in charge, but I don't wanna talk about Selena."

He comes over to me and something was so different about him. Besides all his new muscles, his energy was different. I had to really look up at him, which just made me feel small. He picked up me like I was a sack of potatoes. He placed me on the counter so we were at an even height.

"You have gotten shorter."

"I haven't, you just got taller," I say.

"I'm thirty-six I can't grow anymore dummy," he smiles.

I pressed my lips together tryna this of some dumb counterargument. My mind was blank not because I'm not trying, but because of Elijah.

He was intimidating and I was distracted. His hands are on both sides of the counter. His eyes trailed over my body. It wasn't anything too revealing, but it still gave him enough.

It was a tank top and shorts. However, tank tops and my boobs love to cause issues. It was messing with the fabric or something. Shorts are shorts they're gonna go up.

"Scientists have been able to prove that 1 in 3 adults over the age of thirty can still grow," I grin.

I just randomly came up with that. It seemed realistic because I used the correct key terms and statistics.

"Which scientists said this?"

"I forgot, I read it somewhere," I shrug.

"If you say so, Princess."

He smiles and I think he knows I made it up. He rests his head on my shoulder, but closer to my neck. He puts his arms around my waist and he just relaxed against me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and we stayed like this for a while. I have never seen such a side for him and I also fucked him over. This was gonna make me cry, but I don't want to.