4. Slipped

September 19th, 2020

"Say, why dont we introduce you to the rest of the members." Sunghoon suggested to Dabin. Dabin's smile brightened. "What do you say Jeongmi?" Dabin asked, turning to me.

I gave a blank stare and grabbed my phone and opened my notes. Then I typed that they could go ahead, I had groceries to unload. Dabin frowned. But the others smiled.

"Come, this way." Heeseung said happily, leading Dabin to their dorm. Dabin followed but glanced back at me. I have her a pitiful smile. I cant even have friends around them now. Once I heard their door shut I went up to mine and almost slammed it shut.

I was livid. I wanted to shout out of anger but I couldnt. I stormed into the kitchen and aggressively began to put my items away. It was over in a heartbeat. I leaned against the counter and frowned.

I would go to my sisters to get my stuff but I couldnt just leave when Dabin is in my teammates dorm meeting my members. I felt tears swell into my eyes. I fought back against them. I felt my hands beginning to shake.

There is sometimes I am very tempted to shout. I fumbled for my phone and grabbed it out my back pocket. I opened YouTube and began to play a song I liked.

Playing: Party, feel, love by Hyuna ft. Dawn

I sighed and began to sing along rather softly. My muscles in my throat hurt a bit from not moving much. I should sing a few times a day to make sure my muscles dont get so used to being dormant.

Only two minutes into the song and I changed it to a Day6 song.

Playing: I Need Somebody by Day6

If I was going to cry, I wanted no chance of anyone hearing it. As the song went on, I felt the tears in my eyes grow. I was thinking back on the past years, months and days.

A few tears slippes from my eyes. I have to be in control of it this time. I dont want to break anything in my new house. I only let a few more tears fall before a wiped them away and blinked the tears back.

Nothing is worth my tears anymore. Though it's getting hard to hold them it. I can push through though. I'm strong. Though I dont feel like it I might as well manifest it. I turned the music off and slipped down to the floor.

I leaned my forehead on my knees and waited for Dabin to come back. Then about a minute passed before I heard the door open. That was fast. Someone knocked on my door rather frantically. I reluctantly got up and opened it.

It wasnt Dabin. It was Sunoo. He looked concerned. "Hey um they told me that Dabin girl was your friend. Did they kind of..I dont know..steal her from you? If so I can say something to them." Sunoo talked quite fast.

I let out a frustrated breath and opened my notes app and typed in: "Yes she is my friend. But dont say anything to them. I dont have time or energy to deal with it." Then I showed Sunoo what I typed.

I watched as a frown formed on his face. "But that's your friend who came to hang out with you. It's not fair to you Jeongmi." Sunoo whined. I erased what I types before and typed something new.

It read, "Well the others obviously didnt seem to care so why should I? I need to go to my sisters anyway. Just make sure Dabin gets home safe." Once he was done reading I turned my phone off and shoved it in my back pocket.

The frown stayed prominent on his face. But, he nodded. With that I turned around as he did and shut my door. I listened him enter his dorm then I let out a sigh. It was about a hour walk from here to my sisters.

I didnt like public transportation but I had no choice. She could drive but I didnt want to bother her as much as I have. I still had my wallet in my pocket. But first I needed a snack so I grabbed a nutrition bar and ate it pretty quick.