Chapter 42: A New Life in Silv

It had only been one day, and Arlutrix had reached full health. When his health condition was at its maximum, he started leaving the castle and helping repair the buildings. He mostly used his magic to lift heavy pieces or clear away the town's hazards. The people were not afraid of his magic but embraced it, begging for help repairing their homes. When his magic was spent, he would physically lift the pieces and build the houses with support from the citizens. After a hard day's work, he fell asleep instantly in his bed, only to restart the next day, continuing to help around town, but the day was different.

   " Arlutrix! "

Said mage, turned toward the direction his voice was called to see the queen rushing toward him. She didn't mind that her shoes or dress was dipping in the mud but only cared about getting to him. Finally, when she had reached him, she grabbed his arm with a smile.

   " She's awake! "

Arlutrix thought he had misheard her and grabbed her arms, trying to understand until she repeated it to him again.

   " She is awake. "

Finally, he got the message and ran toward the palace, as his legs moved quickly. Arlutrix ran through the gates, the doors, and into the room, you had been stationed in. He opened the door and saw you sitting on the bed, smiling at the doctor. Your eyes turned toward him, and your smile widened seeing Arlutrix in the doorway. The doctor understanding the situation, slowly shuffled toward the room door, hoping to exit before he ruined the beautiful scene. 

   " Hey, buddy. It's been a while. " You said.

Arlutrix was brought out of his trance, ran forwards, and wrapped his arms around you, tightly. Your head was pressed into his shoulder, but it didn't hide your laughter. Arlutrix pulled his head away from your back, looking you in the eyes, excited to see your beautiful eyes shine. Before he lost his confidence, he pushed forward and connected his lips with yours. Your eyes closed, with a  smile on your face, as you kissed him back. His hand went to the back of your head while your hands rested on his shirt, holding him close. The kiss was full of the feelings you understood. You felt everything he had in the last weeks through the kiss. You felt the desperation, the love, the desire; you felt it all. When his lips pulled off of yours, he smiled at you, his turquoise eyes shining. 

   " Arlutrix. . .where are we? When we were still in the woods, far away from any town. "

   " We're in Silv. We made it. "

   " We did? "

Arlutrix nodded his head eagerly, looking into your eyes. Your smile turned warmer, and you felt tears prick your eyes. You were finally free. Your mother could no longer hold you back, nor could the tight society in Vumaedal. You leaned your forehead against Arlutrix's, looking deep into his turquoise eyes. You were speechless toward your lover, but the tears spoke out, spilling down your cheeks.

   " It all feels just like magic. Doesn't it? "

You nodded in response to Arlutrix's question, pulling him closer and into a hug feeling warm by the sun.