Chapter Four

cw/tw: underage drinking. 

SAME REASON I HAVEN'T HAD A BOYFRIEND SINCE I WAS FIFTEEN

NICK'S A TOOL?

[ 1.02 ]

Venus and Charlie spent their weekend hanging out with each other and texting Nick. Well, Venus texted Nick from Charlie's phone considering he always made her reply as he was too afraid of saying the wrong thing. It didn't matter though as Nick was easy to talk to and Venus was able to turn whatever Charlie wanted to say into nicely crafted messages. She was a natural flirt so she was able to subtly flirt with Nick without Charlie picking up on the tone.

On Monday morning, she got onto the bus with Charlie and Tori like always, with Nick's sweat pants sat on her lap. She took what he said seriously about keeping his jumper, ignoring the weird feeling she got in her stomach every time she thought about how he said she looked better in it. He was obviously being nice, so she didn't know why she was so caught up about it.

"I'll walk to you class after form," Venus told Charlie with a smile as they got off the bus together, Charlie taking out the earphone they were sharing.

"Okay, Vee," he smiled, "Love you."

"Love you too," she smiled, watching him walk through the gates.

She sighed, spotting Nick at the picnic table like always. His friends were surrounding him which honestly made her not even want to return the sweat pants. Maybe she could give them to him in science instead, as it would be a nicer experience. She didn't really want his friends to make comments about her like they always did.

"Hey Venus."

Oh shit.

She approached the picnic table, Nick smiling in amusement at her disgusted face. She clearly did not want to be anywhere near any of his friends. She stopped in front of him, holding out the sweat pants for him to take.

"Thanks again," she said quietly.

He nodded, opening his bag and pulling out her the skirt.

"One skirt for the lady," he spoke. He smiled, holding it next to her hips. "Weird, these don't look the same length."

She snatched the skirt off him with an eye roll, hiding her amused smile. She straightened her posture and did her best to hide her emotions. She didn't want his friends to see her act any different and poke fun at her. It was bad enough what they already said about her. The last thing she needed was—

"Holy shit! Did Venus spend the night with Nick? Nick pulled Venus King?!" Harry said loudly, clapping Nick on the back, "Well done, mate!"

Venus rolled her eyes, turning and walking away from the boys. She stared down at her feet as she walked, feeling a little upset by the accusation. She got them all the time, mostly due to her history of dating boys who were assholes but also because she did actually spend a lot of time with her lips locked with boys who names she did not remember. A lot of boys had talked about what she did and how easy she was despite most of it not being true. But the rumours never went away and Venus' reputation only got worse.