Chapter Six

MUM SAYS IT BRINGS OUT MY EYES

ARE YOU SURE SHE DIDN'T SAY IT MAKES HER WANT TO TAKE OUT HER EYES?

[ 1.03 ]

Venus' weekend had not been the greatest. Once she got home from Nick's house, she spent the day locked up in her room crying and writing some pretty upsetting songs. Charlie was growing extremely worried for her and did everything he could to try and cheer her up. It only made Venus feel worse but that was really her fault for lying to his face. She couldn't talk to him about Nick, so she told him it was just her mother again. He believed her lie easily, but Tori saw right through her and knew that whatever was causing Venus to break down had something to do with Nick Nelson.

So, while Venus' heart broke over the weekend because of Nick Nelson, Charlie's heart only blossomed. In attempts to make the girl feel better, he rambled on about Nick and the hug they shared before he went home. Charlie wore a huge smile as he speculated about the feelings Nick might possibly have for him, innocently unaware of the confusion the other boy was currently facing.

In other news, when Charlie wasn't accidentally making Venus more upset with his obliviousness, the brunette had struck up a friendship with Darcy Olsson over instagram.

Elle had messaged the core five's groupchat saying that Tara definitely didn't like Nick. That was followed up by a requested dm from Darcy herself demanding to know if Venus was trying to flirt with her girlfriend, Tara, or not.

Once Venus assured her that she was not flirting, Darcy sent her a long rant on how thankful she was because while she was comfortable in her relationship with Tara there was no competing with Venus. While she was flattered, Venus assured Darcy that her relationship with Tara was very safe. It led to lots of texting between all three of the girls and mutual desires to find some time to meet up.

While her weekend was pretty rubbish, there were some good things to be said — Venus was finally taking Charlie's advice and making friends.

On Monday morning, Venus had walked off the school bus with Charlie by her side. She glanced over at Nick, who looked lost in his own thoughts. So lost he hadn't even noticed the pair walk straight past him. Venus made a mental note to ask him about it later. If she could put on a brave face for Charlie she could also do it for Nick. He needed someone to talk to, and right now, she was all he had.

After dropping Charlie off at form and sitting through a long lecture about her uniform in her own form class, she made a quick stop at the bathroom before her math lesson. She frowned deeply as she looked at her reflection. Her concealer was not doing a very good job at hiding her eye bags from lack of sleep and her eyes were still slightly swollen from the fact that she had cried herself to sleep again.

The only benefit of the crying was that it always made her really tired which meant the girl secured a full six hours of sleep that night.

Venus pulled out her makeup bag in hopes to bring some colour back into her face, just as Imogen Heaney walked into the bathroom.