Twenty Five

I NEVER KISSED YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND

IT'S NOT MY FAULT HE HAS TO THINK OF ME WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO GET HIM OFF

[2.06]

Venus felt frozen in her spot as her and Nick took a step inside. Nick glanced at her nervously, unsure of what was making her tense up suddenly. He followed her line of sight and caught the crowd at the door. Over the heads of everyone, he could see Harry Greene standing in the doorway with some of his friends.

Nick's hand reached her hers immediately and she began to squeeze it. He stepped in front of her, blocking her view of Harry.

"What do you need?" he asked softly, "Wanna go back outside? Ditch the party once he goes? Another drink?"

Venus opened her mouth to tell him to take her back outside, but Harry's voice cut her off.

"Can I not just talk to Nick and Charlie?" Harry asked, capturing Nick's attention.

Nick gave Venus a look before she let his hand go, letting him move to Charlie's side. As soon as he slipped out of her hand, Shawn was there to pull her to his side, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. He kissed the top of her head, knowing that she never had any good experiences with Harry and definitely did not want him at the party.

"No, they don't want to talk to you!" Tara told him.

"What do you want?" Nick asked Harry, a deep frown on his face.

"Look. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I know I've said some homophobic stuff in the past, but I feel like I know better now, and I'll never say anything like that again," Harry told them, "So... we cool? Can we come in?"

"No," Charlie scoffed, "Try again when you apologise to Venus for all the shit you say to her."

With that, Charlie slammed the door shut on him. Venus flushed as everyone turned to look at her and waited to see what she would do. She made her way to Charlie and threw herself into her arms, letting out a shaky breath as everyone around her cheered. Charlie held her tight as he pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

"Thanks Honey," Venus whispered to him, "I love you."

"It's about time I started fighting people who are meant to you, Vee," Charlie responded, "Come on, let's dance."

Charlie pulled the girl onto the dance floor and spun her around. Shawn was quick to join the two, breaking the two apart so he could spin them around himself. He let go of Venus' hand and let her stumble towards Nick. The strawberry blonde happily caught her and smiled down at the girl.

"Hi," she breathed out.

"Hi," Nick said gently, "You okay?"

"I am now," she told him, "Come with me to get a drink?"