Chapter Sixteen

KISSING AT SCHOOL IS A TERRIBLE IDEA

THEN STOP KISSING ME

[2.01]

Shawn Williams felt as though he was on Cloud 9 most days.

It felt a little strange, if he was being perfectly honest, being so happy most of the time. But he honestly couldn't help it. Following the Sports Day, him and Charlie had gotten significantly closer ― physically at least. While it still hadn't reached the point of actually dating yet, Shawn didn't really mind locking lips with Charlie every second they got. Shawn went around Charlie's house every afternoon and Charlie had been pushed against a wall in every classroom at Truham.

Despite loving every moment of having Charlie's lips against his own, Shawn had a tiny problem. Because of Shawn's mother and her not so supportive views, Charlie felt that it would be best to keep their relationship pretty casual for now. They were exclusive but there wasn't a label. They were basically just kissing all the time and talking about their feelings and problems but not actually dating. They were just doing everything two people dating would do.

It was really confusing Shawn but if it meant he got to kiss Charlie then he would just ignore it. Lots of things confused him anyways.

Charlie had even told Shawn about his past with Ben when the boy made a weird comment about the two in passing. Shawn didn't think much of it but the younger boy under his arm got bothered and explained the whole situation. They had a long talk for hours about their past trauma's and problems. Charlie opened up a tiny bit about his bullying and why him and Venus were so protective of each other while Shawn told him about his homophobic mum and step-dad. It was nice to open up, but Shawn still wanted more.

But Shawn had no reason to complain really. Especially when all he could think about were Charlie's lips on his and his hands running through his curls. All day every day he longed for the moments where they could sneak around and just make out for hours on end. He could start thinking about moving forward with their relationship when Summer arrived.

So, apart from the confusion and longing for something more, there was only one other thing that was making his life harder.

"Where have you been?"

The stone cold voice of his step father filled his ears as he walked through the front door. Shawn's mood had been killed pretty much instantly, unable to savour the last few moments of happiness. The curly haired boy looked up at his step-father, giving him a tight smile.

"Studying with Otis," Shawn lied easily, "My tutor's away right now but I don't want to fall behind. GCSE's are coming up and we both got distracted from the time."

His step-dad let out an unsatisfied hum, "Don't let it happen again. You missed your bible study."

"I'll go tomorrow," Shawn compromised, "I'll call Mary and tell her I'll be there. I'll even bring flowers next Thursday to make up for my absence."