Chapter Eleven

I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE MY BACK IF ANYTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED

YEAH. EVERY DAY

[1.06]

If Venus was being perfectly honest, the last place she really wanted to be right now was at Nick's house. But somehow, in a mess of things, it's exactly where she was. The brunette was seated on the couch beside Sarah Neslon while Nick was sat on the floor besides Venus' legs. She doesn't really know how she got to this point but her brain was questioning whether or not her calling Nick had been an accident or not.

Of course, it was a shitty situation. She had spent the day studying with Shawn to prep him for an upcoming quiz. She hadn't even kissed him because she was so focused on the tutoring. But when he dropped her home, her mother had taken one look at her outfit and decided to voice her thoughts.

"You're sixteen years old! You can't go out looking like that. You look twice your age!" her mother snapped at her.

"Who the fuck are you to judge?" Venus snapped back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Don't you swear at me!" Lucy pointed a finger at her, "Get that shit off your face and find a skirt that covers your ass."

"Seriously, mum, why do you care? All my friends dress like this and no one has an issue with it!" Venus snapped, "And I spent my own money on this so I'll wear it if I wanna fucking wear it."

"You don't get to act like a spoiled and immature teenager just because you can use the excuse that you never had a father. He would never let you leave the house looking like a tramp," Lucy told her daughter, "A dead father doesn't excuse your behaviour!"

"Oh, go to hell!"

Venus stormed out of her house with tears rolling down her cheeks and her head spinning. She tried to call Charlie but there was no answer. That was to be expected since he was having dinner at his grandparents house and likely would be scolded if he even touched his phone. She had attempted to call Shawn to come get her again, but in her blurry vision she ended up calling Nick.

His mum picked her up immediately when Nick asked her. Sarah smiled softly as she watched Nick hold the crying girl, finding their relationship sweet. Of course, she never wanted to push too far into his personal life, but she could see that they were toeing the line between friends and more.

After having a hot shower, changing into some of Nick's clothes and calling Charlie, Venus found herself lying on the couch with tired eyes. Her hand was softly stroking Nellie's fur while she peeked over Nick's shoulder.

Now that he and Charlie were truly going out, she felt a little better about everything. Of course, it still stung sometimes but she would rather keep Nick as a friend then throw it all away because she couldn't get over her feelings. It wouldn't be the first time she bottled up her feelings and pushed them down. It came naturally to her at this point.