Chapter Twenty

YOU'VE NEVER ONCE BEEN THE BIGGER PERSON

IT'S BECAUSE I'M SHORT. IT'S ALLOWED.

[2.03]

"Everything is sad and life is not worth living."

"You're being dramatic."

"I will never love again."

"You're literally in love with your boyfriend."

Venus was currently at Tara's house, lying upside down on the couch with her head hanging over the edge. Darcy was next to her, mirroring the girl's actions, her face turning red as the blood rushed to her head. Elle, Tara and their friend Sahar who Venus vaguely remembers from her Higgs days were there too, watching the girls in amusement.

They were technically meant to be planning the prom but as the girls all hung out, Venus couldn't help but miss her other best friend. Imogen and her still hadn't talked since their big fight about Ben. Imogen still hadn't broken up with him and Venus couldn't bring herself to do that to Charlie, no matter how many times he told her that she could still be friends with Imogen because she didn't know.

"She picked a boy over me! That's friendship abandonment!" Venus groaned.

"She did the same thing to me," Sahar told her, "Got a boyfriend and stopped texting me back. It was pretty sad."

"Um, this is about me, not you," Venus grinned as she flipped herself over so she was sitting on the couch normally, "Plus, you should be focusing on reading the sheet music I gave you so you can be in my band. You can listen to my problems another day."

"She has something going on in her life every day," Elle told Sahar, "She's very dramatic."

"I am not dramatic!" Venus rolled her eyes, "Imogen is the light of my life and I am devastated that she still hasn't come to her senses."

"I can't believe you have a boyfriend when that's how you talk about Imogen," Elle laughed.

"You are dramatic, Venus baby," Darcy cooed, "But we love you for it. Adds entertainment to our lives. Sahar, you would have loved her Shawn Williams drama."

Venus huffed, pushing Darcy's legs so she would flip over the couch. The group laughed as Darcy fell to the ground with a loud thud. Darcy only grinned, jumping onto Venus' lap and covering her face with sloppy kisses, enjoying the way Venus laughed under her.

"I want some!" Tara shouted before pushing Darcy off so she could copy her actions, kissing Venus all over the face.

"This is really..." Sahar laughed slightly as she watched, "Are you guys always like this?"

"We're all a little bit in love with Venus," Elle sighed, "These two have been trying to convince her to join their relationship since they met her. Venus probably would if she wasn't head over heels in love with her boyfriend."