Twenty Three

[ tw/cw for charlie's eating disorder again ]

I'LL TAKE A HOLD OF THAT PRETTY HEAD OF YOURS

AND I'LL SMASH IT INTO THE FUCKING CONCRETE

[ 2.04—2.05 ]

That night was one Venus would remember for a long time. Her and Nick had made out countless times but never like that. She loved how much more confident he was growing when it came to their physical relationship but more importantly, she loved how she didn't feel the need to rush anything with him. They were both just completely happy with making out with no other intentions. That was something Venus wasn't used to in a relationship.

As Venus made her way back into her own room, all her friends were sleeping. Venus was quick to climb into her bed and get under her covers, feeling hot all over from her time spent with Nick, unable to stop thinking about it. She grabbed her phone in hopes to call Tori or Charlie, but a small, quiet voice stopped her.

"Vee?"

Venus turned her head upon hearing Imogen's quiet voice.

"Hey," Venus whispered, rolling over so she could face Imogen. "God, you're going to die when you hear what Nick did when we were making out—"

"Vee," Imogen repeated softly, "I need to talk to you about something."

Venus furrowed her eyebrows, "What's wrong?"

"You know how you asked me if I even liked Ben today?" Imogen whispered.

"Yeah?" Venus responded.

"Well, I was thinking about that. I was trying to figure out why I even dated him because like, yeah, he was nice to me but it wasn't like I had been interested him all that much before," Imogen explained, "And it kinda dawned on me that the reason I went out with him was because I was trying to convince myself that my feelings for someone else weren't romantic and that I was just getting confused. I figured, if I dated him then I would realise that my feelings for this other person didn't match the romantic feelings I had for Ben."

Venus furrowed her brows as she listened to Imogen. She was confused, not really understanding what she was saying. "Do you like someone else?"

"When I was dating Ben, I realised that my feelings for this person were more real than my feelings for him and they weren't going away no matter how much I wanted them too," Imogen said softly.

"Imogen, angel, I'm sorry, but I'm really lost right now," Venus told her.

What happened next surprised Venus. Imogen stared at her for a moment before leaning over and kissing her. Venus' eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't known what to expect but it certainly wasn't this. The kiss barely lasted two seconds but it was all Venus needed to understand what Imogen was saying.