Chapter Fourteen

WHAT IF PEOPLE SEE US?

THEN LET THEM SEE

[ 1.08 ]

Nick Nelson would never forget the first time he ever saw Venus King.

The beginning of the school year is always an exciting time for the students, but no one was ever more excited then the grade elevens. The reason behind this excitement had nothing to do with the actual school obviously. Year eleven was when girls from Higgs could transfer over to do their final two years of study if they wished.

Of course, not many girls do transfer. They usually get around 10-15 girls in year eleven and maybe a few more in year 12. But it was every boy's dream to have a chance with a girl since it was a little hard being at an all boys school. Sure, they were brother-sister schools with Higgs, but it just wasn't the same.

Nick had been sat with his friend group on the picnic tables by the front gate, half listening to whatever stories his friends were saying, while watching all the students walk through the gates. Otis was telling some dramatic story to the group while everyone laughed along. But then the laughter died down and they all saw her.

Venus King had stepped off the bus with bleached blonde hair and a smiling, curly haired boy on her arm. Her eyes were dark and emphasized with smudged eyeliner and lots of mascara. They held no emotion, the girl living up the the reputation that had formed over the summer. Her pink, glossed lips were turned downwards into a scowl, the girl looking incredibly bored as she walked towards the front gate.

She had to have all eyes on her. Her tie was hanging loosely from her neck and a purple mark was peaking through from underneath her collar. Her shirt was loosely tucked into her skirt that would definitely get her a detention by the end of the day due to how short it was. Venus' blazer was in her arms and it would be the last time she was ever seen with it. With socks pulled up to her knees and shiny new loafers, the blonde girl was making her mark on Truham. She was gorgeous and she knew it.

Nick had been so entranced by the girl he hadn't even heard Harry call out to her. But she obviously did as for the first and last time, she looked over at the group upon hearing Harry's voice.

Her eyes landed on Nick and for a split moment, her dark gaze softened to one of curiosity. She licked her lips, letting her eyes travel his figure up and down before sending Nick a wink. She then turned her head back towards the gate and disappeared into the flood of school students.

The moment had only lasted two seconds, Venus not even stopping her walk through the gates. But it had been enough for Nick's cheeks to grow rosy and for him to be thinking about her for the rest of the day.

That's when his crush for Venus really started. The first day of year eleven. It hadn't really been pursued much since that day. She stepped into the reputation people had given her, spending her first month getting to know the boys in grade 11 and 12 very well. By the end of the month, she had shocked everyone by settling down and dating Christian.