Pool day

"Lucy. You're husband is throwing kids into the pool." Aaron noticed, looking out of the Bradfords kitchen window.
"Is Angela there?" Lucy asked, cutting a melon into cubes.
"Uhm yes. She's recording and- she just pushed her daughter into the water." Aaron turned to Lucy, "they're a scary duo."
"The Kids love it" Lucy smiled, "don't worry, help me cut all this food."
Aaron shrugged and came to her side, cutting.
"Sooo how was your date?" Lucy asked, grinning.
"It was okay. I don't think it's gonna come to a second one."
"Ouh no I'm sorry Aaron, what happened?"
Just as Aaron was about to mope to Lucy about his date, her twins came running into the kitchen.
"Moooooom, dad said his arms are tired and he needs a break from throwing us. Can you tell him no break?"
Lucy laughed,"boys, give your father a break, later he can play with you again." The boys looked disappointed, "okay" Matthew sighed.
"How about you go play some hide and seek with the others?" Lucy suggested.
"Sound good, thanks mom" Finnegan said, snatching a melon from the cutting board and running away .
"Don't slip!" Lucy called after them.
"They've settled in pretty good huh?"
"Yes. We are so glad about that. I mean, we barely slept the first few days because one of them always started crying, but now? A year later, they're just our kids, like they always were."
"I'm so happy for you" Aaron said, smiling at his friend.
Lucy smiled back, "thanks"
"Lucy!" Angela came in laughing and bouncing her daughter on the side. "You need to see this, I caught Tim slipping on video. It's hilarious."
"Oh my god, Is he okay?" Lucy asked a little panicked.
"He's good, promise." Angela said, grinning at her phone.

"Okay guys, come on pool break." Tim called out and helped the kids out of the pool.
"Theo get a towel or you'll get sick. Ouh gosh no no no Finny pull your pants up buddy!"
The sergeant was full on dad mood, handling his kids and their friends kids as well. After helping Fei untangle her hair from her necklace and making sure that everyone had a towel wrapped around them, he settled the kids down and helped Lucy and Nyla bring out the snacks for everyone.
"Babe your okay? Angela said you slipped." Lucy said concerned, looking him up and down.
"Don't worry Luce, I'm fine. At least I showed the kids the consequence of running on a wet floor." He leaned forward and kissed her crown. Lucy wrapped her arms around his torso.
"You're so hot, being a dad" she mumbled into his chest. She could feel him chuckle.
"Ouh You're not so bad yourself."
"You two finished with the cuddling? Your daughter sticked a carrot up her brothers nose." Nyla called, walking by.
"What?!" Lucy shrieked, running outside, Tim following her. "Fei, why would you do that?" She asked her giggling daughter while Tim tried to get the carrot out of Finnegan's nose.
"He told Jackson that I like him." Fei explained. Lucy smirked at a grinning Angela and a red headed Jackson.
"Do you?"
"Tim!"
"Dad!" 
"Okay okay, I'm sorry little boot." Tim surrendered, finally getting the carrot out of the nose.
"Thanks dad" Finnegan said, snatching the carrot from his hand and eating it.
"Baaaaah Finny" Matthew shrieked.
"Seriously buddy, eat the fresh ones." Tim said, ruffling his hair.  "And stop teasing your sister"
"Yeah Finny stop it." Fei said, crossing her arms.
"You little boot, you stop stuffing vegetables up noses."
Fei sighed, "got it mom."
Angela subtly pushed a red headed Jackson into the chair next to Fei. Which earned her a growl from Tim. Which earned him a stare from Lucy.
Thank god Wesley and Aaron saved the day by messing up the grill.
"Your husband is really useless on the barbecue department." Tim said pointing at Angela, before moving to save the food.
"He's a lawyer, what do you expect?" Angela called back.
"Mooooom I'm hungry" Theodore said, swinging his legs.
"I know my love. It's ready soon. Your father is on it." Lucy said, kissing his crown.
"Where is James?" Nyla asked, "he is on with diaper duty."
"He's laughing at the Tim lesson Aaron and Wesley are receiving." Angela answered sitting herself down.

"How's Metro doing Tim?" Wesley asked during dinner.
"The hours are killing, but besides that? I love it."
"Yeah. Yesterday he came home wet and covered in dirt at three in the morning." Lucy said, cutting Theodors steak.
"She made me mop the floor." Tim complained.
"Well damn right you mop the floor." Angela said, "your woman is taking care of four Bradfords."
"I would love doing that." Tim said.
"I know babe, but hey one more week and we're going on vacation. Than you can put them in bed for 10 days straight." Lucy smiled at Tim's big grin.
"I can't wait." He responded.
"Where are you going again?" Nyla asked.
"Canada. We're going skiing." Tim answered.
"I wanted to go to Hawaii. But daddy said he hated the beach." Fei complained.
"I'm fine with skiing. I'm gonna be soooo fast." Finnegan grinned.
"We are going to build the biggest snowman." Matthew said, on which Theodore nodded eagerly.
"Mommy we need to pack carrots and sticks and Ouh rocks." Theodore said excited.
The table laughed, "sure honey. Keep it in mind." Lucy answered.
"Our first family vacation to sixth." Tim said, smiling big and happy.
"It's gonna be great." Lucy said.
"Wait till the packing starts." Angela said dryly.