The new Rookies

"How did we do it the first time?" Tim asked, looking at Lucy beside him. They sat in his truck in the parking lot, waiting to be ready to go back to work.
"I have no clue. I just want to go home and cuddle up with our babies." Lucy sighed, shouldering her back.
"Yeah me too. I mean Theo is still so little and the twins barely wanted to go to daycare."
"It was damn hard to leave." Lucy agreed, opening the car door. "Lets get this day over so we can go grab them for lunch."
Tim nodded and followed her to the station doors. "Tamara picks them up and brings them to the food trucks right?"
Lucy nodded, "yeah she told me that she might be a bit late, due to traffic."
"Thats fine as long as she drives safe."
Lucy chuckled, "trust me, after having you as passenger princess she learned to drive safe."
"That's not funny, I almost had a heart attack. Twice."
"Ahhh it's a bit funny. Anyways, see you later for lunch, yeah?"
"Of course, love you." He said, placing a kiss on her head before walking off to his office.
Lucy smiled after him and walked into the woman lockerroom.
"Chen! Hey!" Celina called out and hugged her, "it's good to have you back."
"Thanks, I would rather be home but yeah that's the beginning, right?"
"It will get easier. I mean you were back to normal a week after Fei."
"Yeah.. so what did I miss?" She asked, starting to get dressed.
"Well the new rookies are in. Two woman and one man, I have a feeling that the man will wash out though."
Lucy laughed, "I would never doubt you."

Lucy sat down at roll call, chatting with Celina. She spotted the three rookies in the front row, looking a bit nervous.
Grey walked into the room, surprisingly followed by Tim. Lucy gave her husband a look, which he returned with a small smile.
"Good morning everyone. Officer Jan caled in sick which is why Metro Sergeant Bradford will help out today. He will ride with officer Sanchez."
One of the rookies eyed Tim, before looking back down. Tim did not even glance at the girl sitting in front of him.
Lucy noticed Officer Sanchezs behaviour anyway and shot Celina an annoyed look. Celina grinned slightly, knowing what was on her friends mind.
"All right, Officer Chen you'll ride with officer Juarez and please, keep the spiritual talk down."
The room erupted in laugher and Tim grinned at his wife.

They had a quiet but slow day. Lucy counted every second till lunch. As the time arrived she and Celina sat down at one of the tables and waited for their friends. She had texted her foodorder to Tim earlier today, since he insisted at bringing her her lunch.
At the table next to them sat the three rookies. Lucy couldn't help but listen to their conversation.
"I mean he is kind off an asshole but it makes him so hot." Officer Sanchez said.
"His looks were enough for me to tell, he is fine as hell."
"You should hear his voice."
"Do you think he's single?" The other officer asked. Lucy started to get annoyed by their talk.
"No. He went to grab a coffee and left his phone in the shop. He got a message from 'babe'. So he's sadly off the table."
"Girl, that's nothing that should stop a woman. I mean you could try and if he flirts back, than you know his relationship isn't serious."
Lucy was about to call them out on their shit, when she heard a chorus of "Mommy!"
A smile immediately spread across her face and she turned around and got up to embrace the four kids running towards her. "Ouh my babies, I missed you all so much." She said, giving each a long hug before asking about their day.
"It was so cool, I had math!" Fei called out and explained everything she learned to Celina.
"Well looks like you have your hands full huh?" Nolan asked, walking over. "Can I bring the kids something?"
"Some fries maybe? That would be great."
"Sure can do" he highfived the boys before walking over to one of the trucks.
"Wow, do they all belong to you officer?" One of the Rookies asked.
Lucy smiled, "yep, my husband and I want a soccer team."
Celina chuckled.

"Hey everyone" Tamara greeted and sat down at one of the chairs.
Lucy made sure that the boys had a place as well before pulling more chairs to the table so that everyone could fit in.
"How was work Tam?"
"It was good a bit chaotic." She answered before helping Finnegan get his waterbottle.
Lucy smiled, "you're hungry?"
"Yeah, I texted officer Zaddy."
Lucy laugehd and nodded, "probably for the best." She noticed the jugging looks of the rookies but decided to ignore them.
Slowly the table filled with Nolan, Nyla, Aaron and Angela.
The only one left was Tim.
"Where's daddy? I need to show him the new trick I learned." Fei said.
"He's getting our food." Lucy explained, stealing one of Matthews fries.
A minute later Tim walked over, balancing three meals and a drink.
"Some help would be appreciated." He grumbled, to focused to not let something fall.
Lucy chuckled and got up to help him.
"Thanks." He said before giving Tamara her food.
"Took you long enough daddy." Fei said, biting down on her fry.
Tim laugehd and placed his plate down at the table before giving each kid a kiss on the cheek.
"Well I had to make sure that mommy and Tam get some good food." He sat down beside Lucy and visibly placed a hand on her thigh. Lucy glanced at the rookies, their jaws kissing the ground. She smiled to herlself.
"How was your morning?" She asked him.
"I want to go home."
The adults laughed, "I never thought that I would hear Timothy Bradford say that." Angela said, a grin on her face.
"Well I changed, a lot."
To that everyone could agree. "Daaaaad, can we play baseball today?" Matthew asked him.
Tim nodded, "sure buddy, we can manage a round or two before bedtime."
"Not before I show you the new math trick I learned!" Fei said, pointing a fry at him. Tim snatched it out of her hand, "how about you show me that trick of yours nefore storytime?"
"Deal. But mom needs to watch too."
"Ouh I will honey, promise."
Before Fei could say something Tims phone went off. He took the call and his resting smile dissolved. "Okay, get my gear, I'll be there in ten."
He ended the call and stood up, "metro case. I might be home late." He said, towards Lucy.
Lucy nodded.
"What about football?" Finnegan asked, hopeful.
"I give my best to be home in time buddy, I promise." He went around to hug and kiss his kids, ruffling Tamaras hair before giving her a hug.
Tim looked up towards the rookies.
"Boot!" He barked, "you have front desk duty. Get a ride back to the station"
Officer Sanchez nodded hastily, "y-yes sir."
Tim leaned down and kissed Lucy. They rarely showed physical affection at work, but sometimes they let it slip. They parted and Lucy catched Tims crooked grin and his glance at Officer Sanchez.
He knew. He knew that the young officer had a thing for him.
"I love you, I see you tonight."
"I love you too, be safe babe."
Tim smiled at her before jogging towards his shop.

Lucy did her best to cheer the kids up, in the end she gave Tamara some money to buy the kids some ice cream.
"Officer Sanchez. You can ride with me and Officer Juarez." Lucy said, after saying ehr goodbyes to the kids.
The Rookie, looked nervous, she glanced towards her friend but nodded. "Thank you."
Lucy settled behind the sterring wheel and looked at Celina. Celina slightly smiled at her. "Are you going to give her shit?"
"Maybe. A bit." Lucy said, grinning.
She drove off the moment Officer Sanchez was seated in the back.
"So why did you join the police force?" Lucy asked the young woman.
"Uhm. It felt right, I wanted to do some good."
"Do you like your job?"
"Uhm yes"
"Than you better keep your hands off my husband." She said, looking at her through the frontmirror.
The young woman gulped and fidgeted with her hands. "I am so sorry, please don't report me."
"Ouh I won't. But just so you know Sergeant Bradford takes it very seriously to train his rookies and any unprofessional behaviour he will report. I mean you can give it a shot, I know that he will turn you down."
Officer Sanchez nodded, "I'm really sorry and thank you for not reporting me."
Lucy knew that Tim was good looking, hell she got weak knees every time she saw him. But still, she didn't like woman flirting with him.
"Girl, your aura just changed." Celina commented.
"What?" Lucy laughed, forgetting about the unpleasant company in the backseat.

———————-
I absolutely do not know what that is lmao. Sadly I don't have enough time to write something properly. :(