Tim meets Nana and aunt Amy

"Tiiim, stop it."Lucy tried to get away from him. She would never be able to get ready with Tims sneak attacks.
"We have another hour together." He mumbled whilst kissing her neck.
"Yeah and I have to shower and get caffeinated." She tried to push him away. This time with success.
Tim groaned and turned his head at her, "I hate different shifts."
"I do too, but hey, it's only for today." She kissed him quick and got out of bed.
Tims sat up, "I'm making you some coffee"
"Thanks you're the best." She gave him one more longing look before making her way to the bathroom and into the shower.
Tim got up himself, he threw on some pants and made his way to the kitchen. Lucy liked her coffee with some creamer and caramel in it. He made it exactly like she liked it, whilst giving Kojo his food. Before he could get the oven started and prepare the breakfast, the bell rang.
"Fucking seven in the morning, who visits at seven in the morning." He mumbled more to himself than to anyone else.
Kojo barked at the door, "Kojo. Sit." The dog followed the comment and sat down.
Tim walked over to the door and opened it. He was met with two woman. One older than the other. He immediately connected the dots and knew he just met some of Lucys family members, even though he didn't knew who.
"Uhm are we right? Is this Lucy Chens apartment?" The younger one asked, definitely confused about the half naked man in the apartment.
"Uh– yeah...yes! Sorry uhm, do you want to come in?" He scratched the back of his head.
"Yes please dear" the older one said. Tim took a step back and opened the door completely. Kojo whined and demanded some attention. But Tim was to nervous and shocked to react.
"Sorry, I think we haven't been introduced yet. I'm Lucys Nana and this is my daughter Amy. Lucy's aunt."
"Ouh yeah sure I heard a lot about you." He shacked their hands, "Tim Bradford, I'm Lucys– friend." He just then realized that he was shirtless and bare feet with a whining dog at his heels.
"Nice to meet you. Is that your dog?" Amy asked, smiling down at Kojo. Which made the dog even more excited.
"Uhm yeah, it was actually Lucy's first but she couldn't keep him. Kojo, go say hey."
Kojo immediately leaped up and greeted the new people.
Tim, this time red headed, smiled tensed.
"Sooo where is Lucy?" Nana asked, looking him up and down.
"She's in the shower." He answered shortly.
"Mhh, and you're one of her friends or her boyfriend?"
"Uhm–" gladly Tim didn't had to answer that.
"Babe! Did you put my conditioner up high again?" Came Lucys voice out of the bathroom. "I swear to god Timothy, I will haunt you. I'll put al your stuff in the low cabinets so you get some back problems!"
Tim closed his eyes for a second, "Would you excuse me a second, I have to go." He smiled one more time and made his way into the unlocked bathroom.
"Luce" he hissed.
"Don't you Luce me. You're evil. Now come in here and help me."
"Luce." He opened the shower curtains, "You have guests. Your grandma and aunt and– Ouh baby your gorgeous."
"What?! Ouh my god I totally forgot about them." She looked at him in total shock.
Tim reached out and got her conditioner from the top shelf. He liked to hide her things so that she needed him and they could spend some quality time in the shower.
"Sorry bout that, would have been way funnier without your family."
"Ouh my god you opened the door like this? Without a shirt? Tiiiim."
"What? I didn't expected them, I would have thrown on a suit."
"I'll be out in a minute, make them some coffee please."
Tim nodded and gave her a quick kiss. He closed the shower curtains and went out into the living room again.
"Sorry. Luce will be out in a minute, I just uhm– shirt." He walked into the bedroom and quickly threw on his work shirt from yesterday.
"So your clearly her boyfriend son."
"yes mam, I am." He walked out again and to the coffee pot. "Coffee?"
They both nodded and sat down at the kitchen island.
Tim poured them a cup.
"So where did you two met?"
"How long have you been together?"
"What are you doing for a living?"
"How old are you?"
"Do you want kids?"
"What are your intentions with our Lucy?"
Tim was flabbergasted. He couldn't speak for a minute.
"I uhm–" he raised his hands for a second and smiled at them again. "Well we met at the station, we work together. We've been together for a few months, soon a year. I was her training officer but I moved over as a metro sergeant. I'm 41, yes I want kids and I can assure you that my intentions with Luce are nothing but pure."
Nana nodded, "you're one of the good?"
"He is, hello Nana, aunt Amy." Lucy walked towards them, still with wet hair. She gave Kojo his attention and hugged her family.
"Please stop scaring him off with all these questions, I really like him and want to keep him." She came around the kitchen island and wrapped her arm around his back.
Tim smiled down at her, "You better. You're stuck with me."
"I like that." She grinned and thankfully accepted the cup he was holding out for her.
"So you're happy Lucy?" Amy asked and Lucy nodded, "so happy."
"Good. But I still have some questions for your Boyfriend."
Lucy sighed and looked up at Tim, an apologetic look on her face.
"I'm good, you need to go." He assured her.
"You're right." She looked at her aunt and grandma.
"Don't embarrass me and don't chase him away. I will be back in the evening."
After a nod from Amy and Nana, Lucy gave Tim a quick kiss and made her way out of the apartment.

"So Tim, why don't you tell us some about yourself."
"Uhm yeah sure. What do you want to know?"
"I don't know, family, your carrier, free time something like that." Nana drank her coffee in record time and demanded a second one.
"I uhm have a younger sister, two nephews, a god son and yeah that's pretty much it. My parents are dead and I'm not really on the best foot with the rest of the family. Uhm I did two tours in military. One in Afghanistan the other in Irak, after that I became police officer." He took a seat himself, "I actually spend all my free time with Luce. We like to go to the paintball Range, and go out with our friends from the bar."
"So you spend a lot of time together?"
"Ouh yeah. Not so much on work now because of my division change, but we make it work. Sometimes she leaves me at home to go out with my sister, can you believe that?"
Kojo barked, "I know buddy. Yeah we also do a lot of hiking with Kojo."
"Well Tim, I like you. How do you stand to Uno?" Nana asked.

Lucy hurried to the changing room, she couldn't wait to get home and help Tim out.
"Why are you in such a hurry?" Angela asked, emerging from the toilets.
"I left Tim at home. Alone with my aunt and Nana."
Angela laughed, "don't worry Tim is good with family members. My mom asks about him every time we visit."
"I hope they didn't tear him apart."
"Only one way to find out."
Lucy nodded and made her way out of the station, she raced home and opened her door. Just to see her aunt and Nana dying from laugher about something Tim said.                  
"You're something Timothy." Nana wheezed whilst petting Kojo on the head.
"Uhm Hi guys, did you have fun?"
"Lucy! Hey how are you?" Her aunt asked.
"Ouh I'm good, what about you?"
"We're good. Tim was just telling us about your Rookie year." Nana sneaked a slice of cake from the table.
"Ouh did he?" She gave Tim a look that said all.
"Don't worry baby, I let out the embarrassing moments."  He got up and walked right at her, giving her a kiss.
"You're a lying liar who lies."
Tim laughed at that and guided her to the others, "We ordered Chinese. Let me just warm up your food."
Lucy sat down beside her grandma.
"You didn't scare him off, thank you."
"Are you kidding? Lucy Chen if you don't marry that man, I will." Her Nana looked dead serious. "He took us to a mini hike with Kojo and we grabbed ice cream and chinese and than we came here and now we're eating cake and talking about you and your job and everything else."
"Well your day definitely sounds more fun than mine."
"Why did something happen?" Tim asked, concerned. He put down the plate in front of Lucy.
"Thanks." She immediately digged in and told them about her day that started with a robbery and continued without time for a break and than some more homecides and drug dealers.
She got interrupted by Tims work phone coming to life.
"Bradford." Tim answered his phone, he listened in. His face changing from soft expression to hard within a second. "I'll be there, get my gear ready." He hang up the phone and looked at the three girls.
"I'm sorry I have to go."
"Is it bad?" Lucy asked.
"Human trafficking. I guess I will be gone for a while."
Lucy gulped down her bite and got up herself before wrapping her arms around him.
"Be safe and call me. I'll come by your office tomorrow."
Tim gave her a kiss on the head and a small smile, "love you" he turned to the other two, "maybe we can meet for dinner?"
"Yes of course." Aunt Amy said.

Lucy's aunt and grandma watched Lucy say her goodbyes and the worry being a constant accompany in her facial expression.
"He's doing a lot of these cases?"
Lucy nodded and sat back down after Tim was gone. Kojo placed his head in her lap.
"He does a lot of kidnapping and gangs. He's good at it, he leads his team with a lot of thought behind every step."
"Must be Hard to let him go." Nana gently run her hand over Lucys back. Lucy gave her a small smile.
"Well, we're both in constant danger on the job. You're getting used to it... and well we both love our job."
"That's something I can see."