4

Age: 19

Angus and I had been meeting through my front door for almost two years. I was weeks away from turning twenty, but I was almost ready to meet him face to face. I was so incredibly thankful that my mate was so patient with me, although I couldn't say the same for the rest of my family.

It felt like I had explained myself to them a thousand times but they never seemed to understand. In their minds, I should've met and mated Angus as soon as I turned 18.

"Seriously, Felix. You just need to meet Angus face-to-face, all of your worries will disappear. I know that when I met Emily, everything changed. All I could do was focus on her, I didn't care if I didn't fully know my sexuality. I wouldn't ever have to think about it again because everything was her." Galaxy had been ranting about her mate experience for almost an hour when I decided that I had had enough.

"Oh my god Galaxy. Will you please stop trying to compare your mate experience to mine? They are not the same. Mine hasn't been magical, it's been fucking terrifying. I've known my mate was 15 years older than me since I was 11 fucking years old. Do you have any idea what that does to a kid?! I'm just now getting used to the idea of actually meeting him in person so don't you fucking dare try to tell me how to process my emotions. You have no idea what I've gone through."

"I-I didn't mean- It's not-. Felix, I was just trying to help, honest."

"Help? From the moment you brought Emily home all you've ever talked to me about was how much I was missing. How much I would love to spend time with my mate. Well, guess what? You have no idea what I've missed out on. I know almost nothing about my wolf because I found my mate days after my first shift. I didn't get to experience any normal childhood thing the rest of you did because Mom and Dad were afraid I'd meet up with Angus. I've barely gotten to fucking live but you want to tell me what I'm missing out on?"

"I didn't realize..."

"Of course, you didn't. Because before your mate came you didn't care and now that Emily is here, you still don't." I finished as I walked out of the kitchen and to my room.

I didn't mean to be that harsh to them, honestly. I guess so many years of pent-up frustration all come out when you try to only let out a little.

But one good thing did come out of my yelling. I was ready, I knew that for sure. After more than seven years, I was ready to meet Angus face-to-face again.

↫↬

I nervously paced in the living room as I waited for Angus to arrive. I had no idea what he would look like since it had been so long. Had he been taking better care of himself? I had so many questions that couldn't be answered through the door.

I jumped at the sound of a knock at the front door. "Angus," I sighed as I walked closer to the door.

"Hello, Felix, what did you have in mind to talk about for this meeting?" He asked.

I took a deep breath as I placed my hand on the handle. "Well, I had something a little different in mind," I said as I opened the door. "I hope that's alright with you." I smiled as we made eye contact.

It felt like I was breathing for the first time in years, like I had been inhaling smoke all those years and I was finally getting fresh air.

He looked so much better than he had when I first met him. His blue hair was long, shiny, and bright. He didn't look like his skin was stretched over his bones, he looked healthy. His height was something that I hadn't gotten a good look at from our first meeting. He couldn't have been more than two feet tall, something that I would definitely need to get used to. He was dressed in a light pink sweatshirt and black pants, and light blue wings poked through holes in his shirt.

"Wow," He whispered as he looked up at me. Even after all the time that had gone by, he still looked at me like I hung the stars.

"Uh, p-please come in," I said as I stepped out of the way to let him inside. I led him to the couch and sat with him. "So what should we talk about?" I didn't mean to act so awkwardly, I just didn't really know how I was supposed to act around him.

"W-well, I know you only got a glimpse of me the first time we met. But I'm sure you're wondering why I don't look older than I really am." I nodded along as he talked. I didn't realize until he told me, but he did look a lot younger than I imagined him. "So, fairies mate similarly to how werewolves do, we can tell by eye contact and touch, but not by smell like you guys can. When fairies are mated to fairies of the same age, their aging is slowed to go the same pace so that when they die, they die together. Same with when fairies are mated to fairies of a different age, the older will stop aging until the younger catches up."

"Is that what happened to you?" I asked as I scooted closer to him on the couch.

"S-sort of. Werewolves age very differently from fairies. Fairies are able to live for hundreds of years more than werewolves. When I found you, my aging stopped. After you turned 15, I began to age again, but instead of our aging slowing to the same pace, only mine was changed." He paused with a yawn. "I'm sorry, I'm so tired, I haven't been sleeping very well."

Oliver perked up at the statement, I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck while looking away from him. "W-well, if you'd like we could take a nap. T-to-together." I looked back at Angus to see his face quickly grow red. His wings flapped a few times in excitement.

"That would actually be so great." He smiled at me.

I nodded and pulled him closer to me. I laid us down on the couch with him on top of me. It was awkward at first but soon we were both cuddling close to each other and drifting off to sleep.

 It was awkward at first but soon we were both cuddling close to each other and drifting off to sleep