19

OLIVER

It'd been weeks since Angus disappeared. We had no leads, even the letters we continued to receive were no help in finding him. The letters said nothing about having him or about knowing that he wasn't with us.

Felix was taking it harder than I was, he wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep. If I hadn't taken control when I did, we would've died. Our parents were no help in the matter, Mom tried to help us but he didn't understand. I couldn't be in a room with Dad or I would've tried to rip his spine out.

I was furious when I heard how he spoke about our mate. Felix left because he felt he couldn't control what he would've said or done but if he had stayed in that room a second longer, I would've done something about his disrespect.

"How are you guys doing today?" Edan asked as I walked into the office. He was the only one that was on our side about Angus. We didn't want to tell the pack and raise a panic.

"Felix hasn't said much, I try to talk to him and he just asks if Angus is back. When I tell him no, he goes silent." I looked down in defeat as I sat down at my desk. "Edan, can I be honest with you for a minute?"

He looked worried but nodded. "Of course man, we're friends." I nodded and took a breath while blocking Felix away, keeping him from hearing anything I said.

"I'm scared. I'm so scared that Angus won't come back. I can feel myself growing weaker, if we don't find him soon, it won't be long before I become bedridden. We don't have any leads as to where he could've gone. I can't help but think the worst."

"What do you mean?" Edan asked, worry laced his voice.

"I can't help but think that no one took him. That he just... left."

"You can't let thoughts like that win, Oliver. You have to keep your thoughts positive, Felix is in there, listening to everything you think and say. I understand that it's been so long that you can't help but to lose hope, but you have to keep positive. Angus is your mate, he didn't leave when your parents kept you from him. He stayed and waited for almost twenty years."

It was not an easy conversation to have, telling Edan about our past. But it had to be done, with how our family had been treating Angus we had to tell someone about our past so they'd understand. Edan was, honestly, the closest person to me. I wouldn't have made it that long without him. Not being able to lean on my family or Felix, with Angus being gone, Edan became my rock.

Alpha! Beta! I need you at the border, there's someone here for you.

I gave Edan a hopeful look before sprinting out of the office. I didn't want to get my hopes up, or Felix's but I had a feeling, something pulling me toward the border.

I almost burst into tears as my mate's scent flowed into my nose. I couldn't count how many times I would go into the woods to try and find a stream with water that smelled as fresh, a place that smelled of moss growing on rocks, dirt that wasn't dry but wasn't mud. I wished so many times that his scent would appear as I searched for such a place, but the only way I was able to gather his scent into my nose was his blankets at the apartment; which lost their scent two weeks after he disappeared.

As I ran, I tried to get Felix to come forward, but he wouldn't listen. I was expecting to have the reunion without him, but as we got closer to our mate's scent, he suddenly forced himself forward, taking control.

FELIX

I stumbled as I gained control over my body once again, but I continued running as soon as I was able to.

I turned the corner and froze when I saw him. He looked like my Angus, smelled like him, but I couldn't believe that the person in front of my was my Angus. He was taller; instead of his normal barely two feet, he was standing in front of me, almost four and a half feet tall.

My knees gave out as I looked at him. "Kitten?" I asked, my voice was weak and cracked as tears came to my eyes.

He quickly came forward and placed a hand on my cheek while saying, "I'm home, my mate." The sparks that came from the contact of our skin made me let out a sob of joy. Relief flooded my body so fast that my vision darkened and I passed out. Oliver may have had control and kept my body in shape, my mind was still exhausted.

 Oliver may have had control and kept my body in shape, my mind was still exhausted

UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY 3 PM EST