17

Mama took one look at my face as he opened the door and knew, just like he always did. "What's wrong?" He asked as he ushered me and Edan inside. "Jayvee get in here!" He called out into the house.

Footsteps were heard running across the house and my father came into view as he skidded to a halt in the living room, where we were at.

"What happened? Who's hurt?" He asked worriedly.

"No one's hurt, that we know of. But Felix does have something he wants to discuss with the two of you." Edan said as he took a seat on one of the arm chairs in the room.

"Felix?" Mama said as he and Pa took a seat on one side of the couch. I sat on the other side and gave him an uneasy look. "Just start from the beginning, Bean."

I took a breath and explained everything to them, from waking up alone in the apartment until the letter in the office. Once I finished, Pa stood up angrily and paced around the room as he began to speak.

"I knew that son of a bitch couldn't be trusted from the moment he flew up to the ceiling against our wishes. I'll fucking kill him." I looked up at him, shocked, as his words registered in my head.

"I tell you all of that and the first thing you think is what? That Angus can't be trusted? What is wrong with you? If Mom suddenly went missing, would you think that he just up and ran off, that he left you?"

"Of course not!" He replied, "He would never leave me, he's my mate and I trust him."

"Angus is my mate and I trust him. He would never leave me, something must've happened to him."

"You've barely known him for half a year! We've known him for over fifteen years, do you really think you know him better than we do?" He asked, making my eyes grow wide and anger fill my chest.

"I would have known him a lot sooner if you hadn't kept us apart."

"You know why we did that! We were doing what was best for you."

"What was best for me? Are you serious? I had a horrible childhood! I couldn't do anything or have any friends because you didn't trust me. I came here because I thought that my father would help me through this. Help me figure out what happened to my mate. But you're stuck too far up your own ass to care about anyone but yourself." I glared at him before turning to Mom with a sad look, "Mom, I'm sorry. But your mate is a fucking asshole. I can't be near him right now."

As I left the house, I heard Edan quietly follow behind me. We walked back to the pack house in silence, only speaking when we got to our office.

"I'm sorry, Felix. I wouldn't have made you go to him if I had known."

"It doesn't matter. We'll just have to find Angus on our own."