11

I sighed, annoyed, as I walked into the main office of the pack house. It had been almost two weeks since the dinner at my parents house and I had yet to talk to Pa about his attitude with my mate.

I was supposed to start Alpha training when I turned 18 but I had been avoiding it due to all that was happening with Angus.

Pa was sitting at the desk that was covered in paperwork. "Alright, before we get started with this training session, there are some things I need to say." I nodded and stood by the door. "I am sorry for what I said at the dinner, it was uncalled for. I know that Hami had nothing to do with your mother being taken from me. I shouldn't hold that against him, I need to be happy for the two of you."

I smiled at him and walked closer to the desk. "Thank you, Pa."

"Now let's get started on this training shall we?" He said as he stood up and gestured for me to sit down. It felt weird sitting in the spot that had belonged to my father for my entire life, it felt like it wasn't my place to sit there. But I guess that's what the training was for.

It wasn't long before there was a knock on the office door. I stayed silent, waiting for Pa to confirm to them but he didn't. I looked at him and he nodded at me then looked at the door. "Come in," I said in a firm tone, I looked at Pa and smiled as he gave me a thumbs up.

I didn't recognize the person that came in. He had brown hair that was cut short, dull blue eyes, and tan skin with freckles and moles. "Son, this is Edan Watts. He is going to be your Beta." I nodded, stood up and held my hand out for him to shake.

"I hope that we can become great friends," Edan said as we shook hands.

"It's nice to finally meet you, if only someone didn't keep me away from everyone growing up we could've been friends earlier," I joked. We both laughed and looked at Pa.

"Hey, I had my reasons." He said with his own chuckle. We all went quiet when the office door opened again, but I smiled when I saw it was Angus. "Speaking of reasons," he mumbled under his breath.

I sat down in my chair and waved him over to me. He looked tired as he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. "Hey, you alright?" I asked as he climbed into my lap and hugged me tightly without saying a word.

I rubbed his lower back gently as he whispered, "I had a bad dream and you weren't home. I thought..." I nodded in understanding and nuzzled into his hair.

"I'm right here Kitten," I whispered into his ear. I leaned away from him without stopping our hug. "I have to get back to work but you stay right there as long as you need." He nodded and nuzzled into my chest.

You should be careful. Edan said through our mind link. The Alpha and Beta of a pack have their own private mind link, because we were next in line we had one too.

Be careful with what? I asked back in confusion.

With your mate. You should be careful, it could go wrong with the pack if the wrong person finds out that the Alpha of the Green Moon pack is mated to a fairy.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I demanded, before he could respond I continued. Listen, we just met so I'll just give a warning. But my mate is never going to be something that I will hide. I spent what feels like a very long time being ashamed of being mated to him and that is not something that I will do again. I don't care if someone thinks me being mated to a fairy makes us weak, because it doesn't. If anyone thinks that then they can come challenge me and fail.

I'm sorry Alpha Felix. I shouldn't have said it like I was personally threatening you or calling you weak because I wasn't. I just know that there are those in our world that think of fairies as less than. I just don't want the wrong person getting news of you two and us not being ready.

I nodded slightly at him. I understand, but we will be ready.

 I understand, but we will be ready