12

It's been too long. We need to do it now, before someone else does. I want what is mine. Oliver growled in my head, I shook it trying to get him to stop; which never worked.

Would you please stop? We have time, no one is going to take him from us.

"Are you alright?" Edan asked from the other side of the desk. Pa and his beta, Ailith, were training us on how to run the pack together.

I looked up at them and smiled, "Think we could take a break?" I asked Pa sweetly.

He chuckled and nodded, "Yea, I'm sure your Mom wants some personal time." he said, making me frown.

"Ew." I muttered as he and his beta left the office. I looked back at Edan and sighed. "It's my wolf, Oliver. For the past few days he has been hounding me nonstop about Angus. It's driving me insane."

"What about Angus?" he asked, causing heat to rise up my neck slowly. He noticed my discomfort and chuckled, "You know if we are going to be friends, this is the kind of stuff friends talk to friends about. It's how they get close."

I nodded and said, "he won't stop bugging me about mating Angus. I mean it has been a few months since we met but I don't know. I just don't feel like it's something that we need to do as soon as possible."

He sat up and furrowed his brow, "Wait, how long is a few months?"

"Like four, almost five months. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Dude, mates go into heat if you don't mate in an amount of time after you meet. You know, nature's way of making sure a couple accepts each other." He said in a duh tone. I knew that mates went into heat but if that were the case then Angus would've gone into heat as soon as we started seeing each other in person.

I shook my head at him and laughed. "Yes, mates normally do go into heat but not fairies. They don't reproduce like we do, I think the majority of them are asexual. So Angus shouldn't go into heat because of that." I said, "right?" He looked away from me with wide eyes.

As quickly as I could, I logged into the computer on the desk and tried to find the library catalog.

"Where is the catalog on this thing?" I asked in a panic.

Edan laughed and shook his head. "The library catalog is for the computers in the library. How did you not research this when you found out you were mated to a fairy?"

I bit my tongue as I got up and walked out of the office. No one in the pack knew about my situation growing up, they didn't know that I found Angus at 11 instead of 18. They thought my parents keeping me locked away were their fears. Mom was kidnapped while he was pregnant with me, the pack thought that they were strict with me because they didn't want me kidnapped either.

I was happy that none of my pack knew about it though. I feared that they would see me differently, see Angus differently. The last thing I ever wanted was for my pack to reject my mate.

As quickly as I could I made my way to the library. I didn't realize that Edan had followed me until he pulled up a chair to the computer I was at and sat with me.

"Did you really need to follow me?" I asked as I logged onto the computer and opened the catalog.

"Yes I did. I want to see your face when you learn the truth," He grinned at me as I searched for information on fairy mated to werewolves.

"Here. Found it," I cheered softly as I began to read.

Fairy Mating and Reproduction

Although fairies aren't sexually active when mated to other fairies, it is a common misconception that they aren't sexually active at all.

When a fairy is mated to a species different from itself, it goes through the processes normal for that species' mates. For instance, if a male fairy is mated to a male werewolf, he will grow a uterus, even though Fairies don't reproduce the same as werewolves. This also means that a fairy will go into heat if not mated soon enough.

"Shit," I muttered before doing another search, this time for heats.

Heats and Ruts

I skimmed the reading until I found what I was looking for.

While many werewolves mate within days of meeting, some like to wait. Although there is nothing wrong with this, one of the two mates, if not both, will go through a heat or rut if they go too long without mating. There is no known universal amount of time when one goes into a heat or rut, some happen after three months while others happen later.

"Shit, what am I going to do?" I asked as I turned to Edan. He laughed as he sat back in his chair.

"Fuck him?"

"I-" I looked away from him awkwardly. "I'm not ready."

"What are you? 16? He's your mate, it's not like he's your high school boyfriend telling you that if you love him then you'd do it. Even if you had your reasons not to," he began to mumble and looked down, before I could say anything he continued. "My point is, he's not going anywhere. You should do it now before he goes into heat."

"I just don't want to hurt him, he's so little."

"If you don't want to hurt him, then you really need to do it now. You won't be able to control your wolf when it happens."