25

ANGUS

Fairies didn't fight, we were pacifists. Violence was so separated from our nature that there were a total of four fairies recorded in history that participated in a war or battle, excluding myself.

So it was a surprise to see most of the kills in the battle were done by me. Flying over the battlefield, I saw that roots and plants littered the area. Going into the battle, I was expecting to only focus on protecting the pack, but once the battle started something took over in me. It was almost like I wasn't in control of my actions.

Even if it went against everything I was raised with, I was glad that I was able to use my power to protect the warriors of my pack. I was able to show my mate that he didn't need to worry about me.

My eyes darted across the field, searching for Felix, my heart picking up in pace when I couldn't find him. When my eye caught Edan ordering people around, I quickly flew down to his side. It was strange, hovering next to someone while in my human-like form.

"Edan, please tell me you've seen Felix," I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I saw him heading toward the house. My best guess would be your apartment but," I didn't listen to anything else, too focused on getting to my mate. I needed to see him with my own eyes to know that he was alright.

I almost didn't bother with the door, flying straight to one of our windows sounded like a great idea. But I didn't, deciding to fly through the house instead. We kept the windows of our apartment locked, so I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

The front door slammed against the wall with how fast I opened it. "Felix?" I called frantically. My eyes darted around the living room and kitchen, I sighed thankfully when I saw Felix standing at the stove.

"In here Kitten," He called. I quickly made my way to him, flying through the window that divided the kitchen and living room, but paused at the small child that was sitting on the counter next to the stove.

"Who's this?" I didn't mean to sound rude or defensive but I had just spent the last hour fighting for the first time, it was hard to turn it off.

Felix picked the child up and turned to face me, smiling happily as he did so. He looked down at the child in his arms and said, "Clover, this is Angus, he's my mate." Before turning to me with a bright smile. "Angus, this is Clover."

"Hi, what's Clover doing here?" I asked. Again, I didn't mean to sound so defensive.

Felix nodded, understanding my attitude, and set Clover down, handing him some food before pointing him to the living room. "I found him after the battle. He was hiding behind some bushes near his parents, both of them were dead. None of the remaining rogues have spoken up for him, everyone else ran away before we could've asked them." He paused and smiled at me while taking my hands in his. "He is such a sweet kid, and there's so much that he doesn't know. Kitten, he didn't know what ice cream was, how can we let a child live like that?"

"He grew up in the woods, I'm sure there's a lot that he doesn't know of," I joked.

"He was amazed with the warm water, the stove, the fridge, all of it! There's so much that he could learn here, there's so much that we could teach him," He said happily.

"What do you mean?"

"I think we should take Clover in, give him a home and make him a part of our family- start a family."

"Why would we do that when we can have children of our own?"

UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY 3 PM EST