24

FELIX

The fact that I was naked didn't cross my mind as I stood in front of the remaining rouges. Members of my pack were standing over them, keeping them from moving while making sure they were looking at me. "We didn't want to fight. All of your lost ones could've been avoided, so let them be a lesson to you and those you talk to. The Green Moon pack is not weaker because my mate is a fairy. We are stronger, that much was proven today with him taking out half of you. Now take care of your dead and leave." I commanded; it was the most alpha-like I had ever sounded.

I watched as half of the remaining rouges quickly jumped up and ran back into the forest while the others stayed to deal with the dead. Had they been in wolf form, their tails would've been tucked between their legs.

I smiled gratefully as Edan handed me a pair of shorts. I pulled them on before heading out further into the field to assess the damage.

As I walked, I was glad to find that there were only injuries on our side, and even of those, there weren't very many. We had taken out three fourths of the rogues that attacked us. I stopped walking as the sounds of small whimpers came to my ears. I walked closer to the bush that the noise was coming from and my blood ran cold at what I saw.

A little boy was crying into his knees, his back pressed against a tree.

Who the fuck brought a child to a battle?! I screamed in the pack link to those on the battlefield. I quickly demanded that they talk to the remaining rogues about him while I did my own search.

"Hey," I said as softly as I could've. He flinched and buried his face further into his knees. "It's alright, I just want to help." he peeked out one of his eyes to look at me. "Is it alright if I sit with you?" He hesitated but nodded.

Sitting with him let me get a better look at him. He was small, probably close to two years old. His skin was tanned but dirty, and he wore a ratty pair of shorts. His hair was long and tangled, thankfully it didn't look to be too matted. Due to the dirt, I couldn't tell what color his hair was, but his eyes were dark blue.

"My name is Felix, what's yours?" I asked gently, I didn't want to scare him away but I had to figure out why he was there and what he saw.

"C-clover." He whispered softly, tears were still running down his face but he was silent. It was unsettling to see someone so young control themselves, or maybe he was in shock.

"Clover, what are you doing here? Where are your parents?"

He flinched and started to sob again, he lifted a shaking hand and pointed to two corpses. One was laying over the other, clearly their last moments were spent as one.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to touch him suddenly and scare him but I couldn't leave him next to his parent's corpses. I moved my arms as I thought, I'm not sure what Clover thought I was doing but as soon as he saw my arms move, he jumped into my chest and clung to me.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. I shushed him as he continued to cry.

"Let's get you out of here and someplace warm, okay?" I whispered gently to him. He nodded but his cries didn't stop, only became silent again.

Once I got him into my apartment, I looked down at him again. He was very dirty and his hair was in desperate need of brushing.

"Clover, would you like a bath?"

He gave me a confused look and said, "Cold outside, no baths when it's cold."

I laughed slightly to cover my sadness, "We bathe inside." I said as I walked to the bathroom. "The water can be warm, see?" I turned on the hot water and put my hand under it. He was hesitant to put his own hand in the water but once he did he gasped.

"Bath please!" he shouted, causing me to laugh fully. I went to set him down to get his bath ready but he refused to let go of me.

After struggling with getting everything for Clover's bath set up with one hand, I was able to set him down in the water. He sighed happily and laid back in the water. His hair and body quickly turned the water a murky brown color.

About an hour and three baths later, Clover was clean and his hair was brushed and smooth. "How about something to eat?" I asked him after I helped him into some clothes. They were way too big on him but it was better than nothing.

"Deer?" He asked hopefully.

I frowned and shook my head. "I'm sorry bud, we don't have any deer." He sadly looked down, it was clear that memories from earlier were coming back as his eyes filled with tears. "But we do have something that always helps me feel better, ice cream!" I cheered.

He looked up at me confused as I carried him to the kitchen. "What's that?"

Oh, this won't stand, I thought.

UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY 3 PM EST