9

FELIX

I let out a big sigh as I opened the door to the Alpha Suite. It hadn't been used since my parents lived there before Elliot was born. So it sat empty for roughly seventeen years.

Dust was thick on the counters and other surfaces. The furniture was covered with plastic to keep them safe from damage. The TV on the wall to the right of the front door, the couch, two chairs, and the coffee table were all covered in plastic. All the furniture that was easily moved was lined up on the wall furthest away from the front door.

I walked further into the apartment and slid my finger along the half wall that separated the living room from the kitchen. Looking into the kitchen, I saw that most of the cabinets were left open. The bar and all its stools were also covered.

Angus was supposed to arrive at the pack house during that hour so there was no way I was going to get it all done before he arrived. I decided to just uncover the furniture from their plastic. I frowned at the state that most of them were in.

The gray couch had multiple water stains and other discoloration that I was not willing to name. The two arm chairs were in better condition but, somehow, the legs of them were chewed on. I honestly wasn't sure if it was done by an animal or a small child. Thankfully the coffee table was in great condition.

I decided that before Angus arrived, I wanted to rid the apartment of all the furniture that we wouldn't keep. Both so that Angus didn't feel the need to help and to get a better idea of how we want to make it our own.

By the time Angus arrived, I had all the unusable furniture, and the very outdated TV, out of the apartment and ready to take to a donation center, and most of the surfaces in the living room and kitchen were cleaned of dust.

I smiled happily as he walked through the front door. He looked like he was reliving something, the memory was making his eyes water so I quickly made my way to him.

"I know that this is where you lived when you helped Mom with his pregnancy. But we can do whatever you want to make this place ours. I already have a truck ready for us to go get some new stuff, you want to paint? Consider it done, anything you want."

"Felix, I can't go into a human town," He said sadly as he looked down at the ground.

I chuckled and knelt down to his level. "Do you really think I didn't think of that? A pack member runs a furniture place not too far from here, he's closed for the day but said that we can go pick up what we need. As for paint, and I hate saying this, but you can tell me what colors you think you'd like and I'll run in and get as many samples as needed. Then we can come back here, test them, and have a pack member run back for more."

He laughed as he looked up at me. "You really thought of everything, didn't you?"

↫↬

I smiled over at Angus as he painted the samples of paint onto the wall in the living room. He had picked different shades of blues and greens for most of the rooms in the apartment. The only color he didn't choose was a light blue I wanted to paint in the office. It was going to be the place I spent the most time alone and it reminded me of his hair.

After hours of talking and over twenty paint samples, Angus chose the colors he liked best. We had to wait for a pack member to get more paint and we couldn't put anything in its place until painting, but I could've seen the apartment the way we wanted. I loved it.

The front door opened into a dark green living room, a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall in front of the door, a gray sectional couch across from that. A dark wood grain coffee table in front of the couch with two arm chairs on either side of it. In the far corner of the room was a hammock that hung very close from the ceiling, a reading area just for Angus. He would decorate it with fake leafs and vines, I would put fairy lights onto the ceiling for him to have the perfect reading light.

A half wall separated the living room from the light green kitchen behind the couch. To the left of the front door, after the half wall, was a small blue-green hallway. Next to the kitchen entrance, on the right side of the beginning of the hallway, was a bar with gray barstools. On the left side was a blue-gray bathroom. Further down the hallway, on the left and right side were two light blue bedrooms. At the end of the hallway was a dark blue master bedroom with a light blue bathroom attached. Just before that, was my office colored the same as Angus' hair.

"-lix? Felix? Are you alright?" I was brought out of my deep thoughts to Angus gently shaking me. I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Yeah, sorry I was daydreaming." I said as I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my face into his neck.

"W-well, your father is here, he says it's time for the meeting." He said nervously, I looked over his shoulder to the opened front door. Pa was standing awkwardly in the doorway trying to look anywhere but us.

↫↬

"Thank you all for coming!" Pa said as he began the meeting, the pack instantly went quiet. Angus was nervously standing behind me, he had said that he didn't want to draw attention to himself by flying until he was introduced. We were standing next to Pa on the stage.

I smiled and waved to some of the people in the crowd as Pa began to speak. "I know this meeting was a little surprising, we normally plan our meetings. But it's for a good reason," He paused as he looked at me with a proud smile. "A great reason. My son, Felix, has found his mate!" He cheered causing the crowd to lose their minds.

Angus slowly came around to stand next to me and started to fly until our heads were even. His movements caused the pack to grow even louder. I smiled at my mate as my pack accepted him with open arms.

 I smiled at my mate as my pack accepted him with open arms