Chapter 4- School?

Rae's POV

"Goodnight darling."

"Goodnight Elena." She quietly shuts the door. After the dinner incident and Trevor leaving the house Elena apologized even if I insisted she didn't have to, then I did the dishes with Diana which at first required a lot of persuasion from my side, she said she didn't want me to stress myself.

Elena, Diana and I talked a lot, I learned that Diana is the head of the workers and like family to them; it was really fun talking to the both of them, after a while I went to my room and put on my pajamas and sorted out my stuff. Then Elena came to tuck me in, it was a bit strange since I wasn't used to that kind of attention. So here I was currently in my new room for my first night.

I turn to lay on my side and sigh,

I can't sleep.

I feel a bit guilty for Trevor's reaction because if I wouldn't have come he would have not reacted that way and left. I don't want to be the reason a mother and son have issues. I turn to my left and reach for the lamp on my nightstand switching it on, I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling my thoughts going far away. I can't seem to stop thinking of him, his eyes that are just like his mum's but were cold and not as warm and welcoming as hers -well from what I've seen- his hair was also the same color as Elena, but much more darker, he had so many features from her and I couldn't deny that he was really handsome, but I couldn't think of him in that way, he's supposed to be my brother. His oh so full lips that were always formed in a scowl whenever I was around.

After a while I feel a bit uncomfortable, like someone's watching me and being the paranoid person I am I turn to the door and gasp when I see a figure, I sit up and squint my eyes to see better and my eyes widen at the person at my door watching me,

"Trevor?"

He doesn't react, instead he remains still, watching me.

Weird.

I slowly remove the covers and step out of bed, I switch on the light through the second light switch above my bed.

My eyes wander around his figure, he looks rugged, his hair is scattered in all direction, and his shirt has some few open buttons and is rumpled. My eyes meet his blue ones and his face remains neutral, hiding all emotions.

"Wha-"I swallow my words when he slowly walks into my room, I remain still, shocked at his presence in my room. He stops right in front of me, about two feet and smirks.

"What're are you doing here?" I ask confidently. I've spent so much time in the orphanage to know that even if you feel nervous or sacred in any situation you hide it, show no emotion and be confident unless you want the person to use it against you.

He grins. "I just wanted to see my sister, is that okay?"

"Tre-" He closes the space between us now staring intently at me, his smile never wavering. But the thing about that grin just gives me a bad feeling.

Why is he acting like this?

"Is it?" And the answer to my question comes to me in a single breath,

He's drunk.

I scrunch my face in disgust at the smell of alcohol. I push him away which sends him staggering back and tripping on my rug, he quickly composes himself before he falls and turns my way sending me a death glare.

"I don't know why the hell my mum decided to bring you here!" he yells at me but I keep a straight face not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing how his words really affected me. "I just came to warn you, don't expect me to play that older brother shit with you and just so you know, there's no fucking relationship between the both of us, you're a complete stranger to me and vice versa." He lets out a cold chuckle. "I guess you were expecting the life of one happy family, but I hate to break it to you, you're not getting any of that, for all I know you're just a stranger living in the same house as I am."