Chapter 1- A new beginning

Robin Owens as Rae^^^

Rae's P.o.v

"Rae!!!" I inwardly groan at the sound of her voice. I quickly run down the stairs wondering what I had done this time. "Yes Miss Carter." The middle aged woman sends me a glare.

"What took you so long you stupid girl!" she yells in my face. I glance at the clock just to make sure I wasn't imagining things. 'Nope, I didn't even take a minute to answer her.'

"Well I don't care." She sends me a spiteful look. "Have you done your morning duties?" More like day duties. Miss Carter, being the spite filled hag she is assigned to us 'morning duties' which take up most of the day to accomplish and punishes anyone who doesn't finish theirs.

"I had been doing them when you called me." Her head snaps in my direction.

"What did I say about giving excuses consigning your morning duties?" I inwardly roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry Miss Carter, it won't happen again."

"It better not." She turns back to a piece of paper. I look around the office a little, this was an orphanage, but it wasn't one of those broken down dumps in the movies, it was well... fancy for an orphanage, we were quite comfortable... well the other kids were, I on the other hand had a different perspective, I wanted to leave, to move in a happy family consisting of my mum and I, but sadly, it wasn't possible.

"Tomorrow I want you to look nice and well kept, a lady was here the other day and said she wants to adopt a child within the age of sixteen and nineteen before you guys are taken by the government." The news about the government taking the children above the age of eighteen in the orphanages wasn't new to me at all, and we all knew that the place we would be taken to wouldn't be as nice as the orphanage so, everyone always tried extra hard to impress those who would want to adopt. But in all honesty,

I don't care.

I just want to be with my mum.

I ignore the rest of what Carter says and quickly walk out of her office when she told me to.

******

"I hope you all understand?" Miss Carter asks us. We all nod in unison, right now we were all in the meeting hall where Carter repeated what she had told me, but to the rest of my age mates. "You may all go to the dinning." She says and I inwardly rejoice, one of the few times I enjoy is supper since immediately after we could watch some television, and go to bed. I speed walk to the dinning, and just as I am about to go in I hear my name.

"Rae!!" I turn and my eyes land on Jay. He was smirking and walking towards me.

Jay was the hottest boy here and I had a super crush on him. He had recently started talking to me.

"Uh...hey umm..J-Jay" I stutter a little. He winks and my face becomes hot.

I'm blushing!

"I want to ask you something Rae." I see a glint of mischief and amusement in his eyes but ignore it.

"What do you wanna ask?" He smirks and pulls me into a closet, I tilt my head to the left a bit. I nod for him to go on.

"Rae, I really like you...and...I would really like it if you could be my girlfriend." He finishes off, I let it sink in and it finally hits me.

He asked me to be his girlfriend.

I must be dreaming, did Jay really ask me to be his girlfriend? I take a look at him and nod. "Of course I will." I reply grinning from ear to ear, I'm sure I look like a complete fool, so I compose myself, so I wouldn't scare him off.