Chapter 15 - Father

Rae's POV

It's been a week since I first made use of Skyler's piano. After that night, I couldn't stop myself from coming back the next day, and I've been spending most of my time there. Every day I play a new song until I've got the song playing on repeat in my head. I also discovered that the room was a bit soundproof and you couldn't hear a thing from it except if you got some feet close to the room which is quite helpful as no one knows I use it. The only person that's aware is Ava though I never planned to tell her, she'd forced it out of me when she'd noticed my very happy mood on Tuesday morning.

"So what are you guys doing this weekend?" I look up from my phone. "We're not going to any party this weekend Tyler, they never seem to end up well." Tyler rolls his eyes.

"I never said anything about a party."

"I guess, but that seems to be the only thing the students of this school seem to do with their free time."

"Hey!" Ava speaks up before taking a bite of her sandwich. "Not everyone." She says with her mouth full causing me to scrunch up my face and Tyler to chuckle.

"Says the girl I met at a party."

"Touché." she says after swallowing and picking up her drink.

"You two know a library's for studying and not for the both of you to stuff your face with food." Tyler throws a handful of chips at me and I frown, dusting them off my sweater.

"We all misuse the library in some way, look at you for example, you're scrolling through social media rather than reading a book...oh and look over there at that couple, they're sucking each other's face in a library..." We all turn to see the two students at the back of the library doing exactly what Tyler just said. I shudder. "...it all depends on your preferences, so this beautiful chica and I can stuff as much food as we want." Tyler finishes off, shoving a handful of chips into his mouth.

"I'm starting to regret introducing you both to each other."

"Well too late for that." They both say and send me a wink.

"As I was saying, I'd asked you guys what you plan on doing this weekend because I'd like for us to go to the beach tomorrow." Ava and I both share a look.

I planned on spending my time in Skyler's room playing the piano, and Ava had mentioned something about binge-watching a particular television series.

"You can't say no because I know you both got nothing too important to do."

I open my mouth to speak up but I'm interrupted by the bell.

"Well, I guess it's all settled right? I pick you both up by eleven." He quickly grabs his stuff and gets up, Ava and I were too shocked to speak up.

"Oh, and we can go bikini shopping after school." He sends us a wink before running out of the library a smug look on his face.

"Umm...Rae?" I don't bother looking at her.

"Yeah?"

"What just happened?"

"I don't know."

****

"I'm so tired." I groan as I rub my wrists, my muscles aching from all the walking we've been doing.

"I don't get why you both are complaining, you're not the one carrying all the bags." I glance down at Tyler's hands. After he'd made us come here and shop for swimwear, Ava and I had decided to make him pay by giving him a hard time. We'd gone to more than five stores looking for 'the perfect' swimwear before settling to get the ones we'd seen at the first store. Then we'd forced him to carry our bags while we searched for other necessary items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, towels, and some other items.