8

The time flew by and here I was sitting in a yellow lehenga and jewelleries

The time flew by and here I was sitting in a yellow lehenga and jewelleries. It was my haldi day .

Every thing happened so quickly that even I was unable to process anything

Every thing happened so quickly that even I was unable to process anything. Papa and Arsh father had already fixed everything.

Me and Arsh didn't even met after our first meet and I probably think that we will meet today's night again .

Our family decided to keep sangeet together and that's what's happening.

My relatives were coming and applying haldi on my face , hands and legs while I was lost in my thoughts until Riya came and sat beside me .

"I am happy for you" she said and had a big smile on her face . "Riya" I called out her in such a low tone . She sensed that something is wrong .

"It will get over soon , then you can tell freely" I nodded . My hands and legs were covered in haldi so Riya was there to feed me .

I always think that how lucky I am to get her in my life . She was always there for me , when I didn't use to study for exams . When I had to go somewhere, she was my partner in crime and is still .

Soon the function got over and I was in my hotel room sitting, removing all the jewelleries.

"Now I am feeling free" I said after all the makeup and jewellery was removed and I switched to comfortable clothes.

"Yes now tell me what Mrs.malhotra is getting worried about?" Riya said and I threw a cushion on her face .

"Stop it ok" "ohh..ok Mrs.malhotra" . I rolled my eyes .

"Ok now spill" .

"Riyaaaaaa" I whined while she was all ready to listen to me .

"You know what.... I am so nervous, I just. We will meet today for the 2nd time , like 2nd?. Can you imagine that. We are getting married and have only met once. I feel like it is going to be a mess. I am.so nervous, what will happen. How?" I blabbered out everything I felt and Riya listened to everything very carefully.

"Listen Aarohi, it was you who agreed for this marriage right? I know it must be very confusing for you but listen I am always here . Ask me about anything I will answer" .

"Yaar Riya , tu mereko itni achi achi advice deti hai to tu khud kyu date nhi krti hai" (Riya , you give me such good advice then why don't you date)".

"Coaches don't play" .

"Acha , leave all this and tell me have you prepared anything?" "Prepared what?" .

"Are for your sangeet" "what do you mean by that Riya" .

"Bhai Tera sangeet hai , aur tu dance performance nahi kregi?" (It's your sangeet and you won't do a dance performance)

"Are you serious?. You know like .... what's the use?" "Tu thodi pagal hai" (are you mad?).

"Teri shadi baar baar nahi hogi , ek baar hogi aur usi me sab karna hoga . Aur tu Aaj ek dance performance karegi thike"(your marriage won't happen again and again. It will happen once and you have to do everything. And today you will present a dance performance).

"Nahi" (no) . "Yes" "no "yes "no "yes "no "yes "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "yes".

"Yeahhh you agreed" she started jumping around making me shook my head .

Oh god , where I am stuck .

~~

Currently I was sitting on the chair getting ready for my sangeet . Mom and Riya was also in the room while papa and aakash bhaiya were preparing.

They were working very hard to make sure everything is perfect.
Bhaiya came back 3 days before from foreign and after years we hugged each other .

He was sad that I am getting married "you grew up so fast" he made me emotional too.
"Bandar badi hogyi" I broke the hug and slapped his arm .

"Ek baar ke liye to ladai mat Kara kro" (for once , don't fight) . He laughed .

"Aarohi, is your dance ready?" "Yes" I said nervously . "Don't worry you will rock" I smiled .

With sangeet , our engagement will also happen. I am somewhere happy but nervous. I am soon going to be someone's wife .

I looked at the time and realised that there is some time left so I picked up my phone and started using it .

I don't know why but my mind told me to search Arsh on google. Also he is a business so he must be on Google .

I typed arsh Malhotra on google and many things popped up . There was an article which was published few days before. I clicked on it and started reading it .

People asked him many questions related to work but there was one question related to marriage. I made sure to read it carefully.

"So what are your plans in future about marriage?" "Actually I have no plan about getting married anytime soon . I still have a lot to achieve. So no plan about marriage right now" .

I closed the article right there and stared at myself in the mirror. I am getting married to someone who was not going to get married anytime soon .
Nooo.

~

Hey everyone,
Hope you all liked this chapter
Make sure to comment , vote and follow🤍.
Insta- theprettykahanis

(868 words)