jake's birthday

While the other members were with Jake, Sunoo and Ni-ki sat with Aera in their shared bedroom

"Noona, why do you look upset? Is everything okay?" Ni-ki, who was worried about his best friend, asked.

Aera felt a heavy knot in her stomach when Ni-ki asked the question. She didn't know why she had been feeling this way. It sure was one sided so why would she expect Jake to not be in a relationship, or like someone.

Sunoo asked softly, "Rae, what is it? You look upset.."

"I'm not upset, guys. Why would I be? It's just that I'm a bit tired." Aera spoke, pretending to be fine.

Sunoo was about to say more, but Ni-ki pinched his arm due to which, he winced in pain.

They looked at each exchanging humour through expressions.

Ouch, what was that for?

Hyung, can't you see she's not in the mood to talk??

I can, but YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PINCH ME, you little shit.

Sunoo shot Ni-ki a playful glare, rubbing his arm in mock exaggeration. They both shared a silent laugh, lightening the dull atmosphere.

Aera, seeing the unspoken exchange between the two, managed a faint smile. "You two and your silent communication. Always up to something, huh?"

Ni-ki grinned.

Sunoo nudged Ni-ki with a mischievous glint in his eyes, silently communicating that they needed to change the mood. Sunoo caught on quickly.

"Hey, do you remember that we've been planning to bake a cake for Jake hyung's birthday?" Sunoo said while the others gasped.

Aera said, "How could we forget? It's his birthday tomorrow!"

[Just imagine it's a day before his birthday y'all]

Ni-ki joined in, "Omg, yes. Let's bake a cake today? What do you guys say? We'll ask one of the members to take Jake hyung out, so we can prepare for his birthday."

The trio began sharing their ideas, hoping for everything to go smoothly.

Aera, Ni-ki and Sunoo leave the room and see the members doing their work. They looked at the members to see who would be the most appropriate and reliable one to make sure Jake doesn't come home before the preparation. They looked at Jay, and nodded at each other.

"Hyung, Can I have one of your hoodies? I feel cold." Ni-ki asked Jake who was standing against the kitchen counter.

"Sure, take it from my wardrobe." Jake smiled.

"U-uh could you give it to me yourself? I might mess up your wardrobe." He came up with an excuse.

Before Jake could say anything, Ni-ki dragged him to his room not forgetting to wink at Aera and Sunoo, before he went away with Jake.