Caught

The morning came, when birds chirping could be heard, sun rays hitting their faces. Kenji woke up early as he had a tour to school, today. Waking up, he saw Aera's bed besides him empty. Jake was still sleeping. With confusion written over his face as why would Aera wake up this early, he stood up to look for her. He checked the bathroom, but found no one. He headed to the other rooms, and saw everyone sleeping. There was no trace of her in the dorm.

"Gosh, where did this girl go?" He mumbled, before pulling out his phone and calling her but her phone went straight to voicemail.

Should I ask Heeseung? He's the eldest among them so maybe he'll know where she is? Does she go on morning walks?

Panic crept into Kenji's mind. He headed to Heeseung's room to wake him up and ask about her.

"Hey? Wake up." He gently shook Heeseung, who groggily opened his eyes, squinting against the morning light.

"What's going on?" Heeseung asked, still half-asleep.

"Aera's missing. I can't find her anywhere, and her phone is off," Kenji explained, urgency lacing his words.

Heeseung, now fully awake, sat up. "What do you mean? Aera is missing??"

Suddenly, Jay sat straight hearing what Heeseung just said.

"WHAT?? AERA IS MISSING?" Heeseung and Kenji heard Jay yell, which might have woken up the others too.

Kenji nodded, his worry deepening. "She's not in the dorm, and her phone is off."

They both quickly got up, sensing the seriousness of the situation. Sunghoon also woke up due to the noise.

"What's going on? Why are you all awake this early?" Sunghoon says, lazily with his eyes half-opened.

"Aera's missing. Kenji says she isn't in the dorm, nor is she answering her phone." Jay tells Sunghoon, who got worried and stood up.

"What do you mean? Have you checked everywhere?" Sunghoon asked, heading out of the room.

They headed to the room where the maknae line was sleeping. Jay shook Jungwon's body lightly, waking him up.

"Jungwon, do you know where Aera is? We can't find her." Jay asked him, to which Jungwon shook his head.

Jungwon was now worried, as the members told him that Aera was nowhere to be found.

"Wait, did you ask Jake?" Sunghoon asked Kenji, who was confused.

"Not ye-"

Without letting him finish the sentence, Sunghoon ran to the room where Jake, Aera, and Kenji slept. The members followed him, except for Ni-ki and Sunoo who were still sleeping.

As they arrived the room, their gaze fell on Jake's body which was covered with a duvet. Heeseung walked over to Jake's bed to ask him if he knew where she was. But to his surprise, as he pulled up the duvet, a gasp left his mouth. The other members were surprised, too.

"OMG!" Kenji said, as it clicked his mind whatever happened last night.

Jake and Aera were sleeping together, hugging each other like a koala would do to a tree. Aera's head rested on Jake's chest. They looked so adorable. Kenji clicked a picture, to tease them later.

"JAKE WHAT THE HELL." Jay yelled, waking up the two.

"Did Jake confess to her already? Omg Hyung. That means they could be dating!" Whispered Jungwon to Sunghoon, excitedly.