Shattered heart

After the celebration, it was time to wrap up everything, and clean the dorm. Since Jake was the birthday boy, he was told to rest. He sat on the couch, teasing the members who were cleaning the living room.

Since Aera's hair were open, she struggled with cleaning. She hated making ponytail herself because her hands always hurt.

"Kenji, can you tie my hair?" Everyone's eyes widened except Kenji.

"Sure, Rae." He said before going towards and taking the rubber band from her. He brushed her hair and tied her hair into a ponytail.

The boys looked at them with 'wtf' look. Since Aera and Kenji had been friends since years, they were very close. After witnessing this interaction with Kenji, the guys looked at each other. The guys were protective of Aera.

"I've tied her hair before, so why wouldn't she ask me?" Sunoo mumbled, sadly.

Everybody was glaring at Kenji as they were protective of Aera except for Jake and Sunghoon who were more like 'jealous'.

Jungwon, Jay and Heeseung looked at Jake who bit his cheek in jealousy.

"Hyung, do something or else you know.." Jungwon whispered in Jake's ear.

Jay, who was in disbelief that why Jake wouldn't do something, pushed him a little asking him to do something.

Jake cleared his throat, "Kenji, you must be tired. You should rest."

Kenji nodded, "Where should I sleep?"

"We can-) Aera's speech was cut off by Jay, who knew what she would be saying.

"Let's play a game to decide our rooms since Kenji is living with us for some time? We can get new roommates as well. Two of the members could share a bed."

Everyone nodded excitedly.

"Okay so I have these paper chits. There will be 3 chits with 'A' on it, 3 chits with 'B' on it, and 3 chits with 'C' on it. Whoever gets the 'A' would match the rooms with the other two people who got the 'A'. Same goes for the 'B' one. And for the 'C', two people would share the room. Now since we have 8 beds but 9 people, out of 3 people who get the 'C' chit would have to share the bed with another one." Heeseung told them. He put 9 chits sticks on the kitchen counter so that no one can peek.

"Okay so, go ahead and choose your chits without showing it to anyone else." He directed them.

One by one, each of the member chose their chit. It was now Aera's turn. Since there was now one chit left, she decided to go for it. Jungwon peeked at Jake's and Aera's chits. A frown appeared on his lips seeing both of them having different letters. Jake got  the chit 'C' while Aera got an 'A'.  Instead, Jungwon had the same 'A' chit as Aera. Before they could reveal their chits, Jungwon nudged Jake's shoulder before handing out his chit to him. Jake furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. It didn't go unnoticed by Sunghoon who got the same chit as Aera's, which meant that now Sunghoon, Jake, and Aera would have to share the room together.

They're exchanging the sticks? That means I'll be a third wheeler in these two? I just don't want to see them..together. Or do I? Now since I know that Jake has feelings for Aera, It would feel very uncomfortable.

Sunghoon looked to his right and saw Kenji standing besides him.

"Hey, do you want to sleep in the same room as Aera's?" Sunghoon whispered to him.

Kenji looked at Sunghoon before nodding vigorously, "Of course, but it depends on the chits."

Sunghoon sighed before grabbing Kenji's chit and handing out his, to him.