Chapter thirteen

Holden's pov

An slight under reacted i was expecting from her but she was constantly full of surprise even though, it was okay one especially now that i had to keep reminded myself it was for her own safety as much as i wanted to break the ice around was going to be a bit tricky seeing that she adding more frost to the surface. I parked my car in the parking lot on campus, soon I was getting out of my car, then I locked the door next, I was slowly approaching my way towards her resident building heading to her dorm room.

One thing that I did know was that she would hate it if I told her about the time she was falling apart in a cafe and I saw her at one of her worst moments in the girls washroom. The feeling of watching her crying on the floor, it broke my heart when i saw her having a panic attack even ignoring the looks other girls were giving as i went to her in a hurry because i was vexed that something like this had happened to her. However, I didn't care about being in the girls washroom, not while she was in a bad state of mind. I also needed someone that she could escape from her everyday nightmare with, to wake her up when it was all over and I wished I knew who was behind all of her pain. I wasn't allowed to come into the girls dorm room so instead I got some girls who were walking out of the building to tell her that I had arrived outside the door as i decided to ring her phone to give her a short call.

"Hey, stranger, who gave you my phone number?" she asked half jokingly and half in surprise even though she definitely knew it was me.

Slowly, i began to chuckled at her funny antics for calling me a stranger as she ultimately did it on purpose to try to get an reaction out of me now that i decided to humored her, noticing that she was indeed due for another joking around to lightened up her dark stormy mood and need to had a really good heartfelt laughs these days.

Someone must have been drinking their coffee this monday morning to put a smile on her face just knowing that whether she heard my voice anywhere might have sent her into an annoyed or mad mood sometimes, triggered a powerful sassiness, dark feminine energy and smartass personalites of herself. I decided to have a little bit of a light and gentle banter with her as I was waiting outside, back in my car, turning the radio down slightly to hear her better over the phone. I didn't know why she was fearful of stepping out of her comfort zone.

"Hey, smartass, I may have useful resources and I have my ways too."I humored her.

I heard her mumbling something under her breath to herself as i imagine her rolling her while signing to herself over until one of her friends must had saint something about her light being broken as a metaphorical meaning behind those words or her car light was actually broken whereas the other friends who was also with her agreed to do a carpool ride alongside the two of us. I was about to object but unfortunately she must have beaten me to it and beside the point this might make everyone believe that we were dating each other so if the rumors get out then we might have a chance to stop this person from doing more harm to her.

Therefore, i waited for her to finished talking to her friends soon learning that his was a part of being her fake boyfriend package deal even so i thought that two could play a similar game to what she was playing at because it was like she knew how much i love my car and i was praying that they had already eaten breakfast to avoid the risk of getting crumbs in my car.

"Why don't my friends join us and by the way I know how much your flashy car means to you because you had told everyone else already."she sounded a little bit annoyed at that.

Her friends were there with her already yet i didn't know if she was trying to test my limit since it take her three whole day and a half to decide on whether or not she agreed relentlessly to be my fake girlfriend nevertheless, i did probably remind her that we were doing all of this to help her and for her own good or otherwise, i would get the whole hockey team to become her personal bodyguards. I put my phone on bluetooth mode connecting it to my car while I looked out of the window to see her, including her friends walking out of the building as I could hear them talking amongst themselves.