Chapter twenty-three

Natalia's pov

My placement in the hospital commenced with a toxicologist report and working alongside the police, law enforcement, investigation agency or detectives on a highly trained case in a crime scene investigator as I have done the basic training which means listening to them including my bosses.

I took some notes whilst I was waiting for the pictures of the scene to print out, I saw an email on my laptop pop up on my computer screen so I clicked on it.

Its shows:  Dear Miss Spielberg,

The other day you had the impression on me that you desire a metamorphosis in this University to have a better education experience, approachable professors, equality and diversity inclusion and a voice for the student's bodies.

Although, this email might have taken you off guard I can absolutely assure you that Professor Stone is no longer working for me.

How would you like to be a part of the student's body and like your story inspire others too?

I would like to hear back from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Senior Hasting, the head of Rockwell University.

***************************************************************

"Natalia, where is the printout picture?"asked my manager Clarence.

There was this large stack of pictures on the side of my desk so I handed them over to my boss to look into the possibility of millions more scenarios waiting how a genius mastermind would work not long after we'd had worked together on this project that we came across a couple solutions. I know I was starting to go a bit off topic here but maybe Jessa, Rochelle and I could help solve the mystery of why Avenna and Wyatt weren't together when they do stuff that best friends wouldn't do.

Does anyone's brain tingle whenever the lightbulb goes off inside their brain and then you start to notice the execution pattern of your idea?

"What if the criminals or the murder is hiding somewhere in the air vents of the building?"I suggested to my boss Clarence.

A couple of calls from the office to ask the landlord for an extra key to the apartment complex so I went ahead on an early lunch break waiting for my boss to confirm my suspicions about what happened in the murder case including the toxicology report of the autopsy report.

Sometimes, I think we all need to live in the moment before it was too late to cherish and live every day as if it was yours last because you might never know that our days might be outnumbered by pain or heartbreak. I learned that from experience we should take a look at ourselves in the mirror to examine what we really notice and yet, accept the right amount of support to not shoulder these storms at all. Furthermore, I was grateful for my family, and friends, the assistance of the teachers who took their time to listen to my problems and my followers who were inspired by me to create more changes in this world.

"I just spoke with the head of the investigation team about what you suggested and you helped us solve the issue." Said my boss Clarence happily.

Quite frankly, I smiled when I heard that my suggestion made a good solution for the crisis case and it finally made sense to me that I loved helping others with realizing they were worth more than gold to promote equality, democracy, the rules of law and diversity inclusion. For example, democracy means having the right to vote for whatever I want to change, adversity and inclusion In my life, as this reminds all of my haters who thought I couldn't make it this far in my career well, I definitely did prove them wrong.

I was making my history moving forward, finally I was falling without thinking about it even though my experiment with him had been proven me wrong in many possible ways but I was still learning that even a intelligent human could make mistakes and lastly maybe I needed to fall in order to learn how to be strong enough to overcome my weaknesses. Therefore, I watched two of my bosses Clarence and Julia talking amongst themselves about how they could possibly put me on another year of this internship programme.

Added my boss Juila"And we both believe that we see a significant improvement over last month's performance so we want you to offer you an opportunity."

Nobody has ever heard from me in months on the group chat as I was doing the groundwork for my part time internship which means that I could literally just quit university because this internship would teach me everything about this course. And it was a grand changed from studying in classes to doing sixty percent experience as well as research assignments.

More importantly, I wanted to accept this offer opportunity with open arms regarding the fact that I wasn't able to see my friends quite often especially if I agreed to the offer. It was a very frustrating and frustrating decision to make because I had too many fun memories despite having a few bad moments in comparison with the previous years experience. I shouldn't let a few bad experiences ruin my life for what it is worth.  I might have to think it through again.

"Opportunity for what? The leadership of a group?"I asked both of my bosses.

A couple of incredible job offers opportunities like this don't come more than once a lifetime as I smile at them whilst deep down I was desperately feeling like talking about the pros and cons of this offer alongside my friends and family members and yet I don't know how to break the news to anyone else.

"Yes, exactly a leadership position since we think that you've got the potential for it." My other boss Clarence said enthusiastically to me.

This was supposed to be the most exciting moment of my life and besides, the point it wasn't like I was moving across town or in a different country. Although, it just means more work including responsibilities for the research team so this town was really getting louder every time. I deserve this experience after everything I've gone through with my crazy ex-boyfriend Matthew honestly, I was truly grateful that I had met my now boyfriend Holden who showed me what it was like to feel alive instead of burying myself in paperwork.

Holden and I met at the right time right after I needed someone else to help pick up the pieces without me doing it all by myself. I just had to trust my instincts as I knew that applying for this position last summer was going to haunt me forever because I didn't even know that I was going to get this opportunity to work with them.

"Can I think about this incredibly amazing project job offer for a month and then I could maybe email you my answer." I told both of my bosses.

Slowly, I walked out of the room and headed out of the building since my bosses were kind enough to give me half a day off. Afterwards, I had my boyfriend Holden come over to help pick me up from work to drive me back to campus not uttering a single word to him. And then I went out of the car when he had finished parking it in the parking lot to pretend that nothing exciting had happened to me today.

Tonight, I wanted to ignore every single responsibility that I had to free from decision making and this wasn't a flipping a coin easy decision for me. I had decided to party tomorrow night, the next day after that I was going to spend time with my cousins because it was long overdue for about two months now I've been missing them.