Chapter thirty-five

Natalia's pov

It was new year eve and these boys were stubborn hockey players who refused to get along with each other. I wasn't even taking anyone side today as we all needed to sit down to have some words with Holden and Grayson to talked out there difference but, right now Flora came seeking help from us in Charlie apartment when we were in the middle of getting ready for our new year eve party because she needed them to not give up on their friendship all because of her. Although, she wasn't responsible for  those two chuckleheads fighting each other like there was no tomorrow since we both had an experience those two nobsheads friendship and withiness their brotherly love for each other through highschool up until now.

In addition to, my boyfriend and his best friend Grayson. I just hoped that they could sort it out during their intervention that we were planning for them to sit and listened to our point of views as i felt how much i really love Holden even though, Grayson was like a brother to me. So, i didn't want the both of them to walked in the room being too hot headed for their good that could possibly blind them from seeing how much they needed one another. They were both miserable without each other therefore, we needed the two of them to fix their friendship for their sakes.

"I really hate how much I care about or love your cousin Flo."I sighed sadly and then I continued to say this. "But please don't let anyone get in the way of your happiness and I'm  fifty percent certain that it will all work one way or another."I stared at the charm bracelet that I wore the other day until I decided to fix the crack in their friendship.

Those were like family no scratches that they were like brothers to each other but if there was one thing that I did know that they would fight over small things like that and then make up by watching a hockey game. It didn't occur to me now that they would have arguments about Grayson dating Holden's cousin because I assumed Flora and Grayson might have a thing for each other.

"I know. But it wasn't like we had both planned this because at first I had tried so hard to fight it..."Flora cried in frustration and then she surprised all of us girls by saying this. "Please don't tell anyone else about my decision to book a flight to London early."she showed me her plane tickets.

Hopefully, I can talk some sense more into Holden and Grayson to prevent two people from walking out of this house with a broken heart, possibly if I were lucky enough to stop it from kicking off downstairs. We all walked downstairs and then we were eavesdropping on the boys to see if everything was alright but Avenna, Flora and I didn't wait until after they had finished arguing because it was year eve and I wanted to peace, harmony, love, laughter and joy to follow us back into the new year or else I would walk into the room to have a little word conversation with them.

Good vibes from everyone this coming year now that my friends was happy except for two of them who were Flora and Grayson alongside my boyfriend Holts (was short for Holden) who was adamant about getting to the bottom of this issue. Nevertheless, I think that they should just squash this issue because it was not only impacting their friendship but it was also hurting our group dynamic in the process of them not talking it out like grown ups.

"As a friend of Grayson who had seen him go through these worse years, I ask you to reconsider what you are leaving behind or reschedule your flight, but as your friend I'm asking you to follow your dream and heart because there might not be a better offer for you than London,"I  advised Flora.

Expecting to see them laughing and joking around like they always did however, i ended up with a different result from Holden and Grayson who I had spotted an black eye, nosebleeds and then both granted in pain starting across each other inside the kitchen. This means that none of them were actually willing to talk it out like grown ups.

"We left you boys alone for two hours and this is what we come back to?" Avenna asked in disbelief.

Quietly, I helped attend to his wounds while Flora was treating Grayson as they looked like they were both in a deep heated discussion about how she was planning to leave Vancouver for a year to go on an independent internship to study laws. He looked like he would do just about anything for her to stay but he know what it was like when someone hold him back from his true calling hockey, yet i know Grayson like the back of my hand who was a misunderstood guy despite all his party-boy glory, charmissa, rich fraternity boy act and golden lock of hair. He was an amazing guy that agreed to stay in the hockey house when I was extremely afraid of going back to my dorm afterwards. I had gotten discharged from the hospital whilst he helped Holden make me simple and basic recipes for mealtime.

Don't judge a book by its cover until you have read its chapters to soon understand what happened to them.

After one hour and twenty five minutes, we all arrived at the party to release some steam and stressed especially when things got very tense this afternoon that shortly led into the evening with everyone else partying wild or doing whatever they were doing.

I was dancing with my friends whilst hoping that next year would be even better than this year because of what we had all already to been through as i turned my pain into power becoming my own strength until i decided to stand up to my oppressors and glared them in the eyes telling that they were no longer welcome to enter the next year with me.

"Look like we made it through this year but i'm certain that we will make it into this year too!" exclaimed an excited Charlie.

Lavia , my lab partner,  handed me a sparker as It was nearly twelve o'clock at midnight  so we waited for the midnight to strike whilst we all started to count down to one. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five,four, three, two and one. Happy new year!" We all cheered in chorus together as I noticed that he showed the crowd full of sweaty bodies just to get me.

He and I kissed each other. As i looked around to see Wyatt kissing Avenna right gave me some that they will be together by the end of next year or the year after this new year but who knows to quite frank with myself, i was hoping for the best of years for all to finally stopping going through this obstacles that life had kept throwing at us. On the other hand, Jessasnym, Charlie and Flora look very happy with their boyfriends as well.

The last itinerary of the night was going outside to watched the firework with Avenna, Charlie,Rochelle, Flora and Irina briefly after that we were going to continued to party into the next day or hang out in Jessanym and Rochelle's dorm room watching movies on my Ipad  tablet whilst eating popcorns in our pjs because it was our little traditions to go to each other house straight after a party to spend the night there.