You Remind Me Of What He Could've Been

"Call the guards!"
"Restrain him!"
"Grab his weapon!"

The patrons of the tavern that Daeron had found himself in all started to work themselves into a fury as from their perspective a man had just come in and beat a young woman to death and laughed about it 'I suppose it doesn't look too good from their perspective," Daeron thought to himself. He caught men starting to shift their weight forward and approach slowly as if Daeron were a dangerous animal "You misunderstand the situation, my friends, she was not what she appears to be," Daeron said as he tried to reason with them.

"Save your vile lies, we all saw what you did plain as day," the Innkeeper spat out as he grabbed a small hand axe from behind the counter. Some of the patrons didn't seem to have the stomach for what was about to happen as instead of approaching Daeron they left the tavern much to the jeers of the others.

Daeron didn't feel too concerned though, while the pain of his injuries caused him slight irritation he was ready to go again despite just finishing one fight "Back off and go back to your drinks... this is your final warning," Daeron said in a dark tone that even caused the biggest man there to hesitate. But it seemed that it wouldn't be enough as the advantage in numbers seemed to alleviate the bad feeling they all got from the young lad in front of them.

"Get him Vorkis!" One of the smaller men yelled as he patted a large man on the back, the man stood up from his seat and Daeron felt himself involuntarily gulping, the man reached over 7 feet and while he had fought the mountain before, if he was asked to fight him barehanded then he'd most certainly make a different choice.

Daeron scanned the room and saw at least eight people were remaining, the others had run, either during his fight with the Faceless man or the build-up to the oncoming fight. Either way, this wouldn't look good, especially if he couldn't get his sword back 'I'd settle for any weapon if I'm honest,' he thought to himself as he tried scanning for his sword.

However, he wasn't given any more time to wonder as the first man charged at him with a loud battle cry. Daeron reached over to the closest table and grabbed a small knife that a patron had been using to eat his dinner and he threw it straight at the incoming man, it hit him straight in the shoulder disrupting his charge and making him cry out. He pulled the knife out of his shoulder "You motherless whoreson!" He shouted at Daeron before charging again.

He raised the knife in a reverse grip before trying to slam it down in Daeron's face, but the young man shifted his wait and spun around while grabbing a chair, he then slammed the chair into the man which sent him straight to his back. Daeron liked to think he wasn't spiteful or vengeful, but as soon as the man spoke about his mother he saw red. On his back Daeron kicked the knife out of the man's hand before getting the chair leg that had broken when he smashed the chair into him, he stepped on his face to daze him and then grabbed him by the jaw forcing his mouth open.

Getting the chair leg he stuffed it in his mouth making him start to sputter and choke as he tried to grab Daeron and the chair leg but Daeron slammed his fist into his stomach which made him stop and it also opened up his throat. Slamming his palm into the other end of the chair leg he forced it right down his throat, only the tip of the chair leg stuck out with the rest being engulfed by his throat, the men watching winced as they saw the large bulge that pulsated.

"Does anyone else wish to say anything regarding my mother?" Daeron asked in a cold tone. There was pure silence in the tavern, the only sound was the sound of the man beneath Daeron's feet choking as he tried to remove the chair leg that was now embedded deeply in his throat, blood pooled at the corner of his mouth as splinters of the wood had undoubtedly torn up the inside of his oesophagus.

"AHHHHHHH," the men all screamed as they charged at Daeron together hoping their numbers advantage would prevent them from following a similar fate to their ally.