Chapter 124: Jason Hendrix

Change of POV

"I want that human bitch back here! I'll drain her fucking dry! I'll make her watch as I rip out her entrails! I'll pluck out her eyes and make her crawl on broken glass and needles!" I could hear Prince Brannigan screaming just down the hall.

I picked up my pace and entered the scene. Prince Brannigan was howling at a bloodied Jimmy who knelt at his feet. A sick smile was under all the blood on Jimmy's face, and the crown prince's demands only seemed to amuse him. Princess Katherine was backed up against the island of the kitchenette with wide eyes, while Prince Ronald was trying to straighten his suit and hair. Prince Xavier laid on the ground unmoving. June wasn't here and I released the rising panic knowing she was safe.

"Xavier!" Queen Lenora yelled in surprise. She ran past me as quickly as her tight gown would allow and knelt down to examine him.

"What is the meaning of this, Brannigan?!" King Lazarus roared coming up from behind me as well.

The crown prince struck Jimmy again, and Jimmy took it without complaint. "Hendrix's human bitch attacked Xavier! This low-life stopped me from apprehending her, so now I'm interrogating his commoner ass!" Prince Brannigan spat glaring at us.

"Well, where did she go?" Queen Lenora demanded while fanning her unconscious son. Her eyes were bright red, and chills ran down my back.

"I believe Destin Moon grabbed her and ran off with her." Prince Ronald said. "That, or I was hit much harder than I thought."

"How could a human knock out a vampire prince?!" King Lazarus demanded.

"Some magical force came out from her hand and struck Xavier in the chest." Prince Brannigan said starting to calm down. Jimmy carefully got back up and slowly snuck over to be beside me.

"How is that even possible? Humans don't have magic." Queen Lenora countered. Prince Xavier groaned and slowly started to sit up. "Oh, Xavier! Are you alright?"

I leaned close to Jimmy. "Is she alright?" I asked.

Jimmy nodded. "Yeah, got to her before they could fucking land anything. Pop Star's got her."

"Good. You okay?" I asked while briefly analyzing the bruises and swelling that was slowly starting to heal.

Jimmy spat a bit of blood on the floor and gave a smirk. "Yeah. Those trees hit way harder than whatever he had."

I flinched remembering how Keith and I fought quite of few of them trying to rescue June from her sudden marriage ceremony. "They do." I agreed.

"It came from Jason's bracelet." Princess Katherine suddenly said. I looked up to see her staring at a fixed point. I had never seen Katherine so shocked before. "Jason had a bracelet of andraxium put on her to keep her contained, but it never shot anything out before."

The entire royal family whipped their heads and eyes in my direction. Prince Brannigan pointed his finger at Jimmy beside me. "Why is he next to you, Jason?!" He demanded.

"He's my employee. He was hired as a bodyguard for my human." I explained calmly.

"Why on earth would you have a personal bodyguard for your human?" Prince Ronald asked.

"To keep her safe." I simply said.

"Is that why you gave her that—that weapon? To keep her safe? Have you lost your wits, Jason?" Queen Lenora scolded. "She is just a human, and now my dear Xavier has been injured due to your carelessness."