Chapter 142: Destin Moon

Change of POV

Thudding awoke me. I instantly became aware and guarded, because my mate was beside me. My eyes adjusted to the dark room, and I scanned the area. Nothing was out of the ordinary. The room smelled the same and nothing was displaced. I did notice a thin stream of light peeking under the blackout curtains, but otherwise the room was unchanged from last night. I relaxed and looked down to check on the only thing that mattered. June was curled up against a pillow and still sleeping soundly. Her body rose and fell in calm metered breaths and her hair was tossed and scattered about her face and shoulders. I was disappointed to see that the marks I had so lovingly left on her body were completely gone. Her skin was as fresh and unmarred as before, but I had suspected as much. June could heal herself after all, and sure enough her hair was a little longer as a result. That was alright. It only meant I had a fresh canvas for next time.

I gently stroked her arm left out of the covers and she twitched and shifted in her sleep pressing against me for warmth like a newborn pup. I smiled. June was made to be my mate. She had every quality I enjoyed in my partners, and then some. She was fierce, but adorable. Strong, yet submissive. Harsh, but incredibly kind. Despite June's prudish view on sex, she was up for anything in bed. I didn't know how well the nipping would go over. Werewolves typically enjoyed such foreplay, but humans were more adverse to it. June, however, responded incredibly well. I still couldn't believe she lasted five rounds with me. If I had my bag with me, I would have had a lot more toys and tools at my disposal to prolong and vary our play. I'll have to be sure it's on me the next time. And there would be a next time, because June loved me.

My swishing tail stopped as the thudding sounded again. June stirred and groggily opened her eyes. "Mmmm... Destin?" she called half-asleep.

"I got it. It's just the door. Go back to sleep." I coaxed, and she obediently did so. I very carefully slipped out of the bed and tiptoed towards the room's door. After opening it a crack and peeking out of it, I saw Hendrix waiting in the hall. I scowled and Hendrix didn't look much happier when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" Hendrix asked. His voice boomed against the peace and quiet of the room making me wince. I quickly closed the door in Hendrix's surprised face and searched around the room for a bathrobe and room key. There was a bathrobe in the bathroom and June kept her key on her nightstand. I took one last glance at my sleeping angel before exiting the room to brave a pissed rich vampire.

Hendrix eyed my garb with an agitated grimace once I closed the door behind me. "Did you spend the night with her?" He asked appalled.

I smirked and crossed my arms. "Not that it's any of your damned business, but yes. I spent the night with my mate. A long night." I said smugly.

I waited for him to shout or grumble, but Hendrix just nodded. "You didn't hurt her, did you?" He asked.

"Of course not! I wouldn't do anything to hurt my mate." I replied insulted.

"Then why isn't she up? We need to hit the road to make it to Helkland in time for rehearsal." Hendrix pointed out.

"She's just sleeping in a bit. We'll be down in 30." I said indignantly. After our fun last night, we had maybe three hours of sleep. I could run decently well with that, but I doubted June could. I wanted her to sleep as long as she needed.

"We'll be waiting." Hendrix said before turning and striding down the hall.

"Hendrix." I called once he was about fifteen feet away. He stopped, but didn't turn to face me. "You should give up on her. She's bonded to yet another." I said somberly.