175

If you're gonna tell me all I'm writing is angst, um.... yeah. I'm guilty. But I'm still gonna do it >:] Y'all eat it tf up.

[Luca POV]

It had been a couple of months at least since Jacob started that job, and he told me he was getting super close with all the people there. I mean, bonding happens pretty fast when you're all experiencing the same stress and living together for half the week. Jacob was working today, too. I didn't have any plans today except to stay at home and shower since Spade was with his family for a late Easter celebration. And I already showered this morning. I especially wasn't expecting anybody to come over. So when I got a knock on the front door, I was instantly anxious. I silently walked to the front door and looked out the peephole. It was my dad. And he was crying. So I quickly unlocked the door and let him in. He sat down on my couch and silently let tears stream down his face while I awkwardly stood at the front door for a second. I closed it.

Even just having him in my apartment, just us two, put me on edge.
"Lucy said she's done with me," He finally spoke up. I figured he wanted me to ask about it, even though I didn't want to.
"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to sound interested.
"She said I drink too much and that I'm still hung up on your mom," He said, his slightly slurred speech now sticking out to me since he mentioned he had been drinking.
"Where's Lila?" I asked, my true priorities shining through for a second.
"Her friends. She asked to go, so I started drinking, and Lucy said she was done with it," He answered. I didn't know what to say, so I stayed quiet. He eventually stood up and started looking through our fridge, so I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Jacob. I knew he probably wouldn't see it, but I wanted to tell him.

'My dad's at our apartment bc his fiance dumped him. Wanted 2 tell u just so you aren't freaked out if he's still here when u get home.'

I also wanted to text him just cause I was scared something would happen, and nobody would even know if he was here. I don't know how much he's drank, and if he fucking poisons himself, I don't wanna feel guilty because I didn't mention he was even here. My dad sat back down next to me, an old six-pack of beer with him, and sighed. Jacob bought it a while ago and then didn't drink it cause he started working at the fire department.
"How much have you already drank...?" I timidly asked, hoping I didn't piss him off.
"Not enough," He mumbled, pulling one from the pack and cracking it open.

He drank all of them in close to an hour and a half. I was silently sitting there, watching him do exactly that when he suddenly looked at me and just stared.
"You look like her..." He mumbled to himself.
"Who?" I asked even though I already knew. He was talking about my mom. He'd told me that frequently when I was little during his weekends with me
"Christie. I mean, you look just like her. Your face, your body. Everything," He continued, making me shift uncomfortably and look down at my pants' legs. When I looked back up and over at him, in a split second, he leaned in and kissed me. I instantly tried to pull away, but he grabbed me by my hair and made me stay. So I closed my mouth and tried to turn away. He wasn't giving up. He pushed me onto my back, and he started pulling at my jeans. I fucking screamed the second he took his mouth off mine.

[Jacob POV]

Sometimes, we can hear the 911 calls over the radios because we're occasionally on the same station. And I heard a voice I recognized. Not the dispatcher, but the caller. It wasn't someone I knew well, but I recognized the voice.
"911, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asked.
"Um, I'm at my apartment, and in the one above me, I can hear them screaming. And I think they need help," They said.
"What's the address of the emergency?" The dispatcher quietioned further. I had partially tuned it out until I heard the address. They didn't give an apartment number, so I told myself that it has to be some random neighbor. To be fair, the apartments I live at get the police and fire called there all the time for everything.