179

A couple of weeks later, it was May twelfth. Which, in case anybody forgot, was my birthday! I wasn't expecting much for it. But I did know Jacob was off today, so I was hoping he'd tell me happy birthday. He gently shook me awake and kissed my face, making me grin and roll over.
"Mornin," He said, "I made you breakfast,"
"What'd you make?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.
"You'll just have to come see," He mumbled. So I slid out from under the covers and followed Jacob to the kitchen in my pajamas. I just slept in one of Jacob's black T-shirts and a pair of boxers. But my boxers really weren't long at all. I mean, they covered my ass and barely any of my leg. I didn't mind, though. The pattern on them were stars, so I thought they were cute regardless of how short they were compared to almost every other pair I own.

"Sit down, baby," Jacob told me before grabbing a plate off the counter. It was a waffle that had candy letters on it that spelled out 'happy b-day'.
"Thank you," I said, smiling and scooting my chair in. Jacob pecked my lips before sitting down across from me and starting to eat his breakfast, too.
"What do you wanna do for your birthday?" Jacob asked, making me look at him a little confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, eating the candy letters before my waffle.
"Do you wanna go get something to eat? Do you wanna get a peircing? Do you wanna go to the store?" He calrified.
"Baby, your birthday is special, so you get to pick almost everything we do today," He further explained.
"...I want to swim," I mumbled after a moment of thinking, "Like, I know it's not super warm, but it's 70 something. And I really wanna,"
"Spade has a pool. You want me to ask if we could swim over there?" Jacob asked, making me nod.
"Thank you," I told him.

After I finished eating, he called Spade. Who had zero hesitancy to say yes. His exact words were, "Hell yeah. I don't give a shit,". So, I was super excited. I put on my swim trunks and a tank top before we left so I didn't have to change when we got there. And when we pulled into Spade's driveway, I jumped out of the truck almost instantly.
"Hold on, hold on," Jacob told me, laughing a little.
"I wanna swim!" I exclaimed, jumping in place to try and get rid of all the extra energy I had. Spade walked out as we were walking up to his door, and I instantly hugged him.
"Hey, baby," He greeted me, pecking my lips before letting go of the embrace.
"Are you swimming, too?" I asked, grabbing Jacob's hand.
"Of course. I wanna spend time with you, especially on your birthday," He said as he walked us to his backyard.

"You wanna go in first?" Spade asked, stepping up to the very edge of the water. I shook my head a little. Even though I loved the water, I was a little scared to jump in. Especially first. Spade grinned and said that he was totally cool with that before jumping in himself and splashing me.
"Is it a little scary?" Jacob asked as he pulled off his t-shirt, making me nod.
"I'll catch you," Spade offered, scooting a bit farther away from the edge.
"Okay..." I whispered, trying to give myself the will to go.
"Go, go, go!" Jacob started chanting, making me laugh before jumping in. I felt Spade grab me and quickly pull me up above water. Jacob had zero hesitation in jumping but instantly started yelling that it was cold.
"Holy fuck! How is it freezing?" He asked the second he was above water. "You're so lucky I love you. Cause on any other occasion, I'd get out,"

Eventually, we started playing Marco Polo. And I really didn't wanna have to close my eyes in the water cause I feel like I'll drown. So we all just agreed they wouldn't go super hard about tagging me. But holy shit. The intensity between Jacob and Spade while they played was crazy. For example, every time Jacob tagged Spade, he'd just grab him regularly at first. But the second he got a hold of him, Jacob would roughly pull him underwater. Spade would do the same thing, and they both thought it was hilarious. So I just watched from the sidelines.
"No, no, don't get me," I giggled anytime they got close to me, quickly wading over to whichever of then wasn't it at the time. I regressed after a while. It was gradual, but both of them obviously noticed.