Part 66 fight for her

"What did he do to you?" Zhou Yueshen's voice deepened, a chilly edge to his tone.

Sinian bringing up Li Mingjun suddenly indicated that this man had left an impression on her. Thinking of Li Mingjun's notorious reputation outside, Zhou Yueshen involuntarily furrowed his brows. He'd heard that Li Mingjun was quite popular in the village. Sinian had even asked about him...

"He didn't do anything to me," Sinian replied, "but he's not pleasant to talk to. If it's inconvenient for you in the future, I can pick it up myself without involving him."

Hearing this, Zhou Yueshen's expression darkened slightly. He knew Li Mingjun had a habit of flirting with women, and not everyone could tolerate his frivolous nature. Professionally, he was good at driving the truck and knew the routes well, which made him convenient to use. So when his sister had recommended Li Mingjun, and he proved capable, Zhou Yueshen didn't interfere. He couldn't meddle in others' private matters.

He hadn't expected that Li Mingjun's involvement would make Sinian uncomfortable.

What puzzled Zhou Yueshen even more was that he had arranged for others to deliver the meat both times. How did it end up in Li Mingjun's hands?

Was it a coincidence?

Or intentional?

"Sinian, I didn't ask him to come. I'm sorry you felt uncomfortable. I'll check on it tomorrow and give you an explanation. I won't let him come over in the future."

Zhou Yueshen, feeling somewhat apologetic, began to explain.

So, both times it was Li Mingjun's doing?

The thought of this possibility made Sinian feel nauseous.

"No trouble at all," she replied politely.

She wouldn't ask Zhou Yueshen to dismiss Li Mingjun over this. After all, it wasn't easy to find a reliable truck driver these days. But she hoped Zhou Yueshen, being as astute as he was, would soon notice that something was amiss.

Sinian had thought this way, but what she didn't expect was for something else to come up so soon.

The next day, as the sun was about to set, Zhou Yuexuan rushed over to Sinian with tears in his eyes, "Can you... can you please go check on my dad? He got into a fight... wuwuwu..."

Lately, whenever Zhou Yueshen had free time, he would pick up and drop off the kids from school. It made their lives so much easier, getting home over an hour earlier than usual. Today, on their way past the breeding farm, their father suddenly said he had something to attend to and went inside, leaving the two kids waiting outside.

They hadn't waited long when they heard about the fight.

Upon entering, they saw their father in the midst of a scuffle, blood flying everywhere. The two kids were petrified, utterly shocked by the scene. They had never seen their father act this way.

Their father had always been calm and composed in their eyes. They had never seen him like this before.

Feeling helpless and instinctively returning to find Sinian because other than their dad, she was the only adult around. Their dad had always been good to them...

Sinian was taken aback by his sudden appearance and wiped her hands, "What happened?"

Zhou Yuexuan pointed towards the direction of the pig farm, tears streaming down his face, "It's true, there was so much blood... wuwuwu..."

Sinian dropped the cloth in her hand and rushed out. She had a vague feeling that this incident was related to her conversation with Zhou Yueshen about Li Mingjun the previous night. But why would they get into a fight?

She had been worried that she had been too direct and might have made things worse. Zhou Yueshen had been having a hard time finding a truck driver recently, which was why she had been so subtle about it. But she never expected things to escalate like this.

She ran towards Zhou's breeding farm as if flying, and as soon as she entered, she saw a crowd gathered. A pool of blood on the ground shocked her. Everywhere was a mess. Could Zhou Yueshen, who had always been so composed, have harmed someone?

Feeling extremely anxious, she grabbed someone to ask what had happened. After understanding the situation, her face turned even graver. She quickly headed towards Zhou Yueshen's office and pushed open the door.

The strong smell of blood hit her nostrils. In the not-so-large office, Zhou Yueshen was sitting shirtless with blood stains all over him. Beside him sat a man about his age, dressing the wounds on his hands.

The room was filled with the pungent smell of medicinal oil, overwhelming and sharp.

Sinian froze in place for a moment, too shocked to move her feet, especially when Zhou Yueshen's dark eyes met hers. There was a slight pause in his gaze, as if he hadn't expected her to come. Yu Dong, who was beside Zhou Yueshen, also froze momentarily. Realizing his mistake, he stood up abruptly and called out, "Sister-in-law."

Had he not been fooled by Li Mingjun the other day, handing over the meat to him, Sinian wouldn't have been harassed by him. Today, he took advantage of Zhou Yueshen's absence from the farm to spread rumors about her with some people. He claimed that she had seduced him and said other derogatory things.

Unfortunately, Zhou Yueshen happened to overhear it. Though he had been reprimanded, Yu Dong still felt guilty and unsatisfied.

"Are you alright?" Sinian managed to nod in response, then looked towards Zhou Yueshen, finally finding her voice, "What happened?"

Zhou Yueshen shook his head, "It's nothing, don't worry."

Despite his assurance, his bloodied appearance made it hard not to worry.

Yu Dong, fearing that Sinian might misunderstand, quickly explained, "Sister-in-law, don't blame the boss. This has nothing to do with him. It's all my fault for being fooled by Li Mingjun. I gave him the opportunity. I'm really sorry."

Sinian pieced it together. Zhou Yueshen had originally asked someone else to deliver the meat to her, but Li Mingjun found out and tried to use it as an opportunity to get close to her. After being rejected multiple times, he had spread rumors about her out of spite. Zhou Yueshen happened to overhear, leading to the fight today.

Sinian nodded in understanding.

Yu Dong, sensing the tension, tactfully left the office, giving the two some space. Now, only the two of them remained in the room, the silence palpable and unsettling.

Sinian stood still for a moment before walking over and picking up the medicinal oil from the table. She looked at the man who moved along with her, "Where are you injured? Let me apply the medicine for you."

The situation arose because of her, so she couldn't stay out of it.

Zhou Yue raised his hand to stop her, saying lightly, "No need. I'm dirty, I might dirty you up."

His tone irked Sinian. What did he mean by dirtying her? They were getting married, wasn't that a moot point? It made them seem worlds apart.

In a huff, Sinian grabbed his hand and pressed on the scratch caused by the stone. He winced immediately. She said somewhat angrily, "Hurts? Good. You always seem so composed, I never expected you to get into a fight. Was it necessary? Couldn't you have just fired him? Getting into a fight, hurting yourself, was it worth it?"

Zhou Yue's stern brows furrowed, his deep black eyes locked onto her, his Adam's apple bobbing as he spoke with a slightly hoarse voice, "He deserved it."

"But did you have to go this far? What if someone got seriously injured or worse? Do you want to end up in jail?"

Sinian felt a heavy weight in her heart. She knew Zhou Yue had acted because of her, but she was also genuinely worried. With so much blood, what if something happened?

Seeing the bloodstains on him made her even more anxious. She quickly said, "Let me see, where else are you injured?"