Part 69 Old man turns over deposit

Zhou Yueshen remembered the bright look in her eyes when he gave her six hundred yuan last time.

Sini closed her dropped jaw and reached out to take what he offered. Honestly, she was quite curious about how much money this man had in savings.

She opened the envelope and counted: tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands...

Sini was shocked. "Can I spend all of this?"

Tens of thousands in this day and age was a significant amount, making Zhou Yueshen quite wealthy.

Was he foolish for showing his hand so early by giving her this opportunity and time? Or was he clever in entrusting her with his savings?

Regardless of the situation, discretion with money was usually wise. For a moment, Sini was stunned by the level of importance Zhou Yueshen placed on her.

Previously, when he gave her two hundred yuan a month, she already felt it was generous. Now, handing her tens of thousands and telling her to spend it freely, Sini finally felt the illusion of having so much money it couldn't be spent.

"It's for you," Zhou Yueshen nodded slightly.

He was entrusting her with his all, trusting her fully. She had chosen to be his partner, one of the guardians of their children. Giving her this was only right.

Of course, Zhou Yueshen wasn't naive. At least, others in his position wouldn't receive such treatment.

He wanted to take a chance with Sini, right now...

"Aren't you afraid I'll take the money and run?" Tens of thousands of yuan! Even when she once had a savings of three hundred thousand yuan, it was hard not to feel tempted, right?

No wonder those women had such a love-hate relationship with Zhou Yueshen.

Zhou Yueshen paused, his voice gentle, "If that happens, it's my mistake for trusting the wrong person and a lesson learned."

Money could be earned again, but once a woman was gone, she was gone for good. Besides, aside from this card, he had a separate account for his farming business. Even if Sini took the money, it wouldn't affect his farm.

For a moment, Sini felt like Zhou Yueshen was acting irrationally because of love. In this age of male chauvinism, it was rare for a man to willingly hand over his salary card. It was the first time Sini felt valued and trusted by someone.

She closed the passbook and said earnestly, "Zhou Yueshen, don't worry, I'm not that kind of person."

"I trust you," he replied succinctly.

Yet, the simplest words often moved people the most.

With tens of thousands of yuan in her passbook, Sini became nervous. For a moment, she wasn't sure whether to keep it in the cabinet or under the bed. Such a large sum of money was bound to attract attention, and she couldn't let anyone get their hands on it.

If someone with ulterior motives found out, that would be bad news. Sini suddenly felt that the passbook with tens of thousands of yuan had become incredibly hot to the touch.

Finally, she found her jewelry box and locked the passbook inside. Only then did she feel at ease to go downstairs to cook.

The Zhou family was peaceful, and even the incident with Li Mingjun had brought the two of them closer. But outside, rumors were flying.

Everyone believed that Sini and Li Mingjun were involved. Li Mingjun was beaten by Zhou Yueshen only after he was found out. Li Mingjun's fans felt sorry for him. Maybe Sini had seduced him, so why was Li Mingjun the only one being punished?