Part 73 Grabbed the man's hand

Upon hearing this, Zhang Cuimei was a bit bewildered. When did she ask someone for help? The director personally helping Sunian and the others? It couldn't be true...

Just as she was pondering this, her sister continued sarcastically, "I remember the director has a good relationship with the Fu family. I heard he and the old senior officer were comrades-in-arms. Sis, you're something else! Your daughter is marrying into that family and you're climbing the social ladder. Just don't forget about us, your less fortunate sisters."

Hearing this, Zhang Cuimei was instantly uplifted.

That's right! How could she forget? The Fu family was incredibly influential!

Old Mr. Fu was the most influential senior officer in the military district. If the director was comrades with the senior officer, he must know about the engagement between her family and the Fu family, which must be why he helped.

She had a momentary doubt about whether this Zhou Yueshen had some connection!

It was laughable. Zhou Yueshen was just a pig farmer from the countryside, someone so unrelated. How could he possibly have the ability to get the director's help?

Thinking of this, Zhang Cuimei felt extremely proud.

Being engaged to the Fu family was indeed the right choice.

"What? Zhou Yueshen, you're getting married?" The old director, who had just helped them with the household registration, was shocked, his mouth agape.

There was no trace of his usual seriousness.

Zhou Yueshen glanced at Sunian and the Lin family outside, his eyes softening slightly. "Yes."

"Weren't you married just a few years ago?" The old director was so surprised that his cigarette nearly fell out of his mouth.

Zhou Yueshen pushed away the offered cigarette. He never smoked in front of children.

Leaning back, he gave the old director a sidelong glance. "I've been divorced for a while."

"You, having a second spring?" The old director was even more shocked.

Previously, Zhou Yueshen was known for not being interested in women. There were even reports accusing him of possibly being interested in men. Some claimed they didn't want to live with him, saying his gaze gave them the creeps...

After that, Zhou Yueshen was assigned a single dormitory.

This young and famous war hero, despite all the olives branches extended by the senior officers that failed to keep him, chose to retire after a mission, against everyone's advice...

Everyone thought he would remain a bachelor for life.

Who would have thought, two kids in three years?

The old director gave Zhou Yueshen a look that said, "I never expected you to be such a playboy."

Zhou Yueshen rubbed his forehead.

He hated gossip.

Even more so, he hated people this old being so gossipy.

He stared at the old director for a few seconds before speaking in a low voice, "Do you have a problem with that?"

The corners of the old director's mouth twitched, hastily waving his hand, "Of course not!"

If Zhou Yueshen retired, he might still be his superior now!

Damn it, this arrogant young man never changed.

He's thirty already; one would think he'd have matured and become more stable.