Part 70 No one is indispensable to anyone

"Should we go over and greet her?" Uncle Liu didn't answer his young master's previous question and instead changed the subject. After all, their car would pass right by Sinian.

If they didn't acknowledge her, it would seem rather heartless. They could pretend not to have seen her last time, but this time, there was no way to avoid it.

However, Uncle Liu was also puzzled as to why Sinian was here.

Fu Yang withdrew his gaze and responded coldly, "Do whatever you want, why ask me?"

A twitch appeared at the corner of Uncle Liu's mouth. He knew that his young master had agreed. Otherwise, he would have acted like last time, pretending not to have seen her.

As Uncle Liu drove past, they had to go slowly because of the rules within the compound. Just as they approached, they saw a tall and elegant man walking confidently to Sinian's side, engaging in conversation with her. Their relationship seemed quite intimate.

The girls from the compound were very conscious of their reputation. Even though Sinian was previously engaged, she rarely had the opportunity to spend time alone with Young Master Fu Yang.

She maintained distance from other men, fearing any scandal.

But now, that man had his arm around her shoulder...

Uncle Liu was stunned. Who was that man?

From the compound?

Subconsciously, he glanced at his young master through the rearview mirror.

Fu Yang was also staring intently at the two ahead, his eyes incredibly serious.

"How did you get here?" Sinian was surprised to see Zhou Yue Shen following behind.

Generally, people weren't allowed into the military compound unless escorted by someone from inside. That's why when Lin's family came looking for her before, they couldn't enter when she wasn't around.

If it weren't for her having grown up here and the Su family not forbidding her from returning, she probably wouldn't have been able to come in. This time, she came over hoping to persuade the Su family to transfer her household registration. Unexpectedly, Zhou Yue Shen had also come in.

She looked at the man in front of her in astonishment, asking worriedly, "You didn't sneak in over the wall, did you?"

A faint smile crossed Zhou Yue Shen's dark eyes. "I know some people here. I just borrowed a phone and came over. I wasn't comfortable letting you come alone," he said in his deep voice.

Sinian paused for a moment, then understood. After all, Zhou Yue Shen had mentioned he used to be a soldier, so knowing some people in the military compound wasn't strange.

Feeling relieved, she said, "That's good, let's go together then."

Zhou Yue Shen nodded slightly and reached out to casually put his arm around her shoulders. The car behind them slowly approached.

Without thinking much of it, Sinian didn't notice the dark and brooding gaze from Fu Yang inside the car.

Honestly, Fu Yang didn't like Sinian. But any man wouldn't tolerate his former fiancée, who was only recently engaged to him, getting close to another man so soon!

He had thought her displays of affection before were sincere. Turns out they were all an act! She almost fooled him too! Disgusting!

He had just thought she had come to see him, softened up a bit, but the next second she was hugging another man!

"Uncle Liu, drive over!" he growled in a low voice.

Uncle Liu awkwardly withdrew his gaze and nodded hastily. In his heart, he thought, serves you right for being so conceited. You've been slapped in the face now.

Uncle Liu felt that their young master was great in many aspects. It was just when it came to Miss Sinian that he seemed inexplicably confident.

He believed that Miss Sinian was indispensable to him. But what he didn't realize was that in this world, no one is truly indispensable to another... At least, the young master hadn't grasped that concept yet.

It was understandable, though. Sinian had admired him since they were kids, and such a sudden change in feelings would be hard for him to accept.

Sinian and Zhou Yue Shen arrived at the Su family home. The Su family was allocated a standard residential apartment. The building was quite old, but being descendants of a reputable family, they weren't wealthy but lived comfortably without worries about basic necessities.

Sinian's family lived on the fifth floor, and there were quite a few other families on that floor as well. Leading the way, Sinian stopped in front of one of the apartment doors and knocked.

Soon, footsteps approached, and the door opened. Upon seeing Sinian, Zhang Cuimei's face changed instantly, her voice raising a few octaves, "Why have you come back?"

Sinian noticed Zhang Cuimei's hostile expression and knew that during her absence, Lin Sisi must have said or done something to turn the couple against her. The last time she had left, they had looked guilty. But now, after some time apart, they treated her as if she were toxic, avoiding her at all costs.

With foster parents like these, the original Sinian's life was rather pitiable. It's no wonder her past life had ended up so tragically.

Leaving was indeed the right decision for her.

Sinian's expression softened slightly, but her tone remained polite, "Mom, I'm here to transfer my household registration."

Zhang Cuimei put on a cold face, "Your family could have handled the household registration. Why did you have to come yourself?"

No wonder her daughter said she had asked Fu Yao to pick her up from the village! The nerve of her! It seemed she was still trying to compete with her daughter for Fu Yao. Was that why she kept coming here?

Earlier, she had sold something to Fu Qianqian instead of anyone else. Then she secretly went to find her daughter, asking her to persuade Fu Yao to come to the village to pick her up!

What audacity!

And now she dared to come over herself!

Zhang Cuimei worried that Fu Yao might have real feelings for Sinian since he had agreed to pick her up. She had been anxious these past few days, fearing her precious son-in-law would be taken away!

Seeing Sinian's face, she had her doubts.

Sinian looked at Zhang Cuimei's wary face and her tone turned colder, "My family did come, but it's not easy for them to come in and see you. So, only Zhou Yue Shen and I came in. Rest assured, after the registration, we'll leave. We won't 'steal' your daughter's man. I haven't stooped that low."

"The reason for the household registration is that Zhou Yue Shen and I are getting married soon. I can't get the certificate under the Su family's name, lest you think I'm desperate to stay with the Su family. That's why we decided to come over and talk about this..."

Her tone was calm and composed, while every word was clear. It made Zhang Cuimei seem petty.

Sinian continued, "You jumped to conclusions without even hearing the reasons. If I were trying to get close to Fu Yao, why would I bring Zhou Yue Shen with me?"