Covering The Phoenix Scent (2)

Zina's brother removed his mask too and said "are the treasures meant to be bought by only those from the wolf segment? You are despicable! Why must you keep on going head on with me? Mark retaliated looking extremely annoyed. Zina seem to be hurt the most. She couldn't take it when he is in the company of Linda. She retaliated immediately. Who are you calling despicable? We were fairly bidding for the treasure, what made us despicable? Bid for the treasure fairly if you are capable and don't be a stinking wolf. Okay then, let's see! 4000 years! 5000 years! Zina raised the bidding personally. Okay, you are seeking vengeance right? Mark looked at Stanley, who gave him a nod to go on. 10000 years! Everyone became shocked. The devil's started gossiping. Does he really have that much years of spiritual power? I want to see how I take the treasure home and you won't do anything about it, Mark said, looking fiercely into his face.

 10000 years 3,2,1 and 10000 years sold, she recited as that was the normal way selling treasures by bidding competition was done. Then she struck a bell indicating the treasure was sold.

 Master of treasures, aren't you afraid that after your bell has rung, you won't be able to take out that much spiritual power from the buyer? Zina's brother asked. As he is sure that Mark isn't capable of such amount of spiritual power. Dear honored guest, please come with me to the inner chambers of the treasure house, she told Mark and his cohorts instead of answering him. I'll go alone, Stanley said. But Linda immediately held his arm when he tried to stand up. Stanley held her arm too, smiled at her reassuringly, then removed her hand and followed the treasure master. 

 After they had gone into the chambers, Zina's brother mocked Mark. Hmm, he bid so many years as if he was capable of it, I knew you didn't have so much years of spiritual power. Hey you stinky fox, Mark retaliated immediately. I want you to see today how I..... He stopped midway as he perceived something and everyone began perceiving it too. Oh no we took too long, Mark said in his mind as he realized that the phoenix scent had began to fill the room. And everyone began perceiving it immediately. 

 My honoured guest, could you give me your hand let me measure your energy bones first to make sure you have so much spiritual power? I don't even have that of a thousand year no need to check, Stanley replied honestly. Then do you know that not having the spiritual power that was bid for the treasure will cost your life instead? How about a treasure? He asked. Let me see it to know how valuable it can be, she replied. Stanley brought a blue jade bottle it looked quite exquisite. He gave it to her and she asked "what's it? It's a spiritual energy recovery elixir, he said. No matter how injured you are once you use it to balance your blood flow with the help of spiritual energy, you will recover in a few days. Is it valuable? He asked. Ok bid accepted, she said. Thank you, Stanley said. And they stood up to go back outside. 

 Mark began to stylishly and quietly move back to block Linda, so she won't be noticed. Where is this scent coming from everyone began looking around, using their nostrils to sniff on in the direction of the scent. 

 Zina's brother then noticed Mark's weird movements and began to suspect. Who is she? Zina's brother asked as he made to move towards Linda. But Mark blocked him and said "could you show some respect here? You should mind your own business! They tugged at each other as they almost fought. My two honoured guests whoever dares to fight here will be thrown out in their original form. Do you want to try? The treasure master asked them angrily. They looked at each other and disengaged.

 How was it? Linda asked Stanley immediately she saw him. Don't worry am fine, he said. Let's go! And the three left the treasure house immediately. 

 The relationship between they two seems special, Zina said referring to Stanley and Linda. So that being the case, Mark is still mine, she thought smiling at herself.

 Back at the wolf howling cave, a furnace for alchemy was prepared and used to refine the items for hours. After that spiritual energy was injected into it while it was still in the furnace. After it was done, Stanley brought it out and gave it to Linda. Take it now and your phoenix scent will be covered completely. Thank you teacher, she thanked Stanley and took the elixir immediately. You are still recovering and now you are still wasting spiritual energy to make an elixir for me, Linda mumbled. I didn't do it for you, I am doing it for the mission the heavenly emperor sent me, Stanley replied. Then teacher, do you really have ten thousand years of spiritual power? She asked. No, he said. Then what did you use to exchange for the treasure? She asked, confused. Just some trinkets, he said. And make sure you rest very well after taking the elixir, so u will be fully alright. After that, no one, not even the demons will be able to detect your phoenix scent. You will be just like an ordinary devil. Am leaving, he said and left. 

 Linda thought for sometime. I can clearly feel teacher cares about me but why does he always treat me coldly? She asked herself as she looked more confused than ever. 

 When Stanley walked up to the basement of his own room, he began feeling painful in the chest, exactly where the scarred sword wound was. It felt so painful that he almost collapsed. The reason was that, he was still recovering from the injury he obtained from fighting the demon lord. But the recovering elixir he had with him has been used to trade treasures to cover Linda's phoenix scent. 

 Linda was in her own room thinking about the conversation with her teacher the past day. What exactly was so valuable that teacher traded for the treasures? She asked herself. He cares... The door suddenly opened. Zina? She wondered what she came for, cutting away her thoughts. Why are you here? Linda asked . I'm here to help you, Zina answered. Help me? She asked. Thank you Zina. Me and Teacher won't be here for long. Mark is a good person you can rely on him, Linda said in a pleading manner.