Linda Is Caught But Escapes

In the mortal world, just at noon at the execution ground, Linda's mother was kneeling in front of a log of wood. Her head was placed down on top of it, while the headsman stood beside her waiting for the go ahead order. Just as the go ahead order was given, Linda appeared and stopped the headsman by knocking him out.

Mom let's go, Linda said and went forward to untie her. 

But her mother turned and stabbed her with a dagger directly on her stomach. It was then she realized that the person at the execution ground wasn't her mother. "It was a trick!" she thought.

Catch her! The soldiers at the execution ground shouted and rushed towards her, throwing chains around her neck, arms and legs.

Immediately, her powers erupted and engulfed the whole place like a tornado. At the moment she looked like a demon with fire all over her and it's heat was burning at everyone there. 

The witch has showed up, the soldiers exclaimed. 

More soldiers came to hold onto the chain endings but they were no match for someone with spiritual power.The wings of a mature phoenix appeared on Linda's back, then she rose up into the air, pulling the soldiers holding her with chains. As a fire phoenix, she could burn or melt anything with fire. The chains which she was held with turned bright red from the heat oozing from her body, burning the hands of the soldiers holding the chain endings, but they still held onto the chains tightly, showing bravery and screaming. But with another eruption of her spiritual power, the chains snapped like crap paper, throwing the soldiers to the ground with a heavy thud. Then she moved towards the impersonator who stabbed her holding a fireball on her hand, ready to strike him to death. The stab wound had been healed like it didn't happen. But more soldiers rushed out of the woods, surrounded her and pointed bows and arrows at her. From the rear, the imperial advisor together with Cynthia came forward with soldiers holding her mother and brother.

Mom! Brother!

Linda, I advice you to stop resisting if you don't want to see your mother and brother dead, the advisor told her.

Linda looked at her mother, she would never sacrifice her mother for anything neither her brother too. She felt helpless and her powers died down like pouring water on a wood fire.

The imperial advisor gestured the soldiers to arrest her and she was immediately taken away and locked in the prison. 

 In the prison's interrogation chambers, Linda and her mother where tied to wooden stakes. Her mother's mouth was tied shut with a piece of clothing that she could only mumble while her brother had passed out. Cynthia stood beside a pan of coal fire heating up a tool for interrogation.

Linda! my face was disfigured, I lost my father's love and my sister lost her dignity as a phoenix! it's all because of you, Cynthia said with a fuming face and angry tone. Today, I will take everything back from you, an eye for an eye.

Then she took the tool which had turned red from heating and walked towards her.

I want to see if your mother will recognize you after I've disfigured your face, Cynthia said smiling at her cruel idea.

Linda's mom just stayed there on the stake helplessly and continuously mumbled at Cynthia to leave her daughter alone. 

Oh! Cynthia exclaimed as something struck her mind. I forgot you aren't afraid of fire but what are you afraid of? she asked looking at Linda's mother.

what do you want? Linda spoke for the first time.

I want to see if you will recognize your mother after I've disfigured her face, and test your kinship.

Cynthia! don't you dare! just come at me if you want, it has nothing to do with my mother. 

Are you afraid? Cynthia asked with a smile.

Then she stretched her hands forward to place the tool on her mother's face.

Cynthia! Robb called her name from behind. 

Cynthia immediately threw the torturing tool into the coal pan, her expression became gentle. Linda and her mother just watched on in silence.

Robb, so you remember me? she asked. 

Cynthia you must be joking, Robb replied. Of course I remember you.

Wait! aren't you in prison? why are you here? Cynthia asked beginning to raise her defense.

Calm down Cynthia, he told her calmly. The emperor later realized that everything was caused by this witch, so I was released. I came here this time to kill this witch myself.

Linda just stared at him, not knowing if he really meant it.

Look I've got a gift for you, he said to Cynthia and brought out a handkerchief while walking towards her. 

As he opened it to show her what was inside, he immediately used it to cover her nose and mouth and then she passed out. The guards at the door tried to react but were shot dead by men in black who ran into the interrogation chambers and started untying Linda and her mother. 

Faster! Faster! Robb urged them.

They immediately escorted them into a carriage which was waiting for them outside. Robb personally drove the carriage and they escaped.

As they drove along the paths, pursuers from the prison guards went after them but Robb used a diversion trick to shake them off.

 In the Imperial advisor's mansion, Cynthia was taking a pot of tea to her room to wait for the imperial advisor to come back. At that moment, he came back after hearing what happened and met her on her way to the room.

Imperial advisor! Cynthia bowed to greet him.

Whap! Came the sound of a sharp slap on her left cheek. She screamed and fell to the floor holding her face.

Look what you've done, the imperial advisor said fiercely. My plan on catching the phoenix has been ruined by you. You never make but always break!

No, Imperial advisor. I didn't mean to, she said amidst sobs. 

Just then a servant came in and said "my lord " Lady Emerald wants to see you". 

I won't see her! He said angrily. 

He didn't know she had already come in and was standing at his back. 

Imperial advisor! I am here to see you, she said calmly.