The Formula Takes Effect (2)

But he suddenly loosened his grip and let her go. Alice wore the dress she saw in one of those boxes, it belonged to Linda in her past life. The demon lord saw it on her and thought she looked like her in the dress. He remembered when she wore it a thousand years ago and walked on the streets.

You are so beautiful in this, he said.

So you can say nice words too? Alice asked.

He just looked confused and lost seeing her in that dress.

Come let's go and have the feast. Come on! She said and lead him away to the feast. 

 In the devil clan, Zina was kneeling in front of the devil king who looked extremely troubled.

Zina! The devil king called her.

Yes my king, she answered.

Let me ask you one more time. Where you really the one who brought the phoenix into the devil clan?

Yes my king.

Ahh yah! Zina, do you know anything related to the phoenix is very important? Once you admit no one can protect you, he said trying to persuade her to do otherwise, Incase she was protecting someone.

Yes I know, she replied. I was stupid and troublesome that I provoked the phoenix and brought her to the devil clan, so the demons invaded.

Ahh ya! Zina! The devil king looked like he wanted to cry. He didn't want to sacrifice Zina for the devil clan. Okay, since that's what you want. 

 In the demon realm, the demon lord was seated by the dining table watching Alice as she dished out the food. He seemed interested. Alice seemed so happy doing it. After she finished dishing the food, she poured wine she personally made and brought a cup of it to the demon lord's nose so he could perceive it's smell.

Does it smell good, she asked.

He just nodded and took the cup from her hand.

So let's cheers, she said as she picked up her own cup of wine and they clinked their cups before downing the contents. 

This is the raspberry wine I collected from demons ridge, Alice told him. Actually it was made by me when I sneaked in here last year.

Then she went on to name the different dishes she set up on the table. The demon lord was impressed. 

The next is the most important, she said and gestured to him, letting him look over to the fireside where there was barbecue on a sword. 

This is barbecued chicken, she introduced. 

The demon lord's eyes widened in shock and anger.

This sword is not for barbecue!

Then what is it for, she asked.

But he just took it with the barbecue and stormed off.

Everything was fine just now, why did he get angry? Alice asked herself. Unknown to her it was Linda's sword during her past life, she was the daughter of a general and also a general herself.

 In their temporary home, Linda was back from getting herbs and saw that Stanley wasn't indoors, so she was a little worried because he wasn't fully recovered. But she waited till it was almost dark but he hadn't come back, then her worries reached it's peak. She ran out to look for him and met the woman who had given them hospitality on their arrival in the Between land.

Aunty, have you seen the dumb guy?

No, the woman replied. But I saw him going to the market early in the morning.

But he usually comes back before dark, why hasn't he come back now? Linda asked worriedly.

Do you want to go on looking for him? The woman asked. What if he is on his way home and you two miss each other?

I'm afraid something might have happened to him. I will just go further some more, I will come back if I can't find him, Linda assured her and left.

The dumb guy is so lucky to have such a good wife, the woman told herself.

 Linda came back home when it was already dark without finding Stanley, she was exhausted and still worried. But not long after, Stanley came home.

I'm back, shouted Stanley.

Linda was very happy and all the weight on her shoulders immediately lifted. She immediately stood up and grabbed his arms.

Where have you been, why did you come back so late? She asked.

I heard when you talked about snacks from your grandfather so I took my time to look for them in the mortal world.

Then he put his hand into the basket he brought home and gave the snacks.

So that's why you came back so late? She asked him, feeling happy. Thank you.

Hmmm, Stanley nodded.

But even so I was afraid something might happen to you, don't do it again, okay?

Stanley just took her palm in his and said "what do you think could have happened to me? I am the Red Son god".

But you are injured now.

Don't worry I will be fine.

He took her outside to show her something.

Let me show you something spectacular about the red sun god, he said. Then he used his vital energy to make the dark sky depart and the sun rose bringing daylight. And it looked beautiful than ever before.

Is it beautiful? He asked Linda.

Yes, she replied and used her own vital energy to envelope themselves. It made them look like they were riding in a fire cloud as they both rose from the ground, floating inside the fire cloud. And then they held each other looking, into each other's eyes, it felt like electric waves were moving in their bodies. Then they brought their faces closer and wanted to kiss. Linda closed her eyes waiting for Stanley's lips when all of a sudden his heart started beating fast and the formula's effect worsened knocking him unconscious. Linda opened her eyes when Stanley's hand's left her's only to see him falling to the ground. She widened her eyes in shock.