Cynthia Gets Back Her Appearance

The next day Emerald took her sister Cynthia to the zihua book pavilion, there Emerald negotiated with the pavilion master without Cynthia's consent that the price she would pay to get back her young appearance will be to be forgotten by their father. Her father will no longer remember anything about her, he wouldn't even remember he had two children. Only Emerald will be the child he will remember forever.

When Cynthia saw the pavilion master, she hid behind her sister in shame of her old appearance and covered her face, but her sister reassured her it will be alright.

Lay on the bed, the pavilion master said.

Cynthia obeyed immediately and then he brought out a silicone mask from a wooden box with frost inside. He made it according to the description Emerald gave him of Cynthia's face. He then placed it on her old face and used spiritual energy to merge it to her body and healed up the grey hairs on her head. After that, she slept for a while and when she woke up, she was excited to see her face and appearance back to how it was.

Sister it's back , that's amazing! Cynthia said happily and hugged Emerald. She immediately remembered that someone performed the transformation for her and turned to the pavilion master.

Say it what do you want? I can give anything you want, she asked him arrogantly with no atom of gratefulness. But the pavilion master didn't feel any form of embarrassment nor was he angry.

I have already taken what I want.

What did you take?

When you go home , you will know, he told her.

Cynthia became a little scared and held Emerald's hand. Emerald thanked the pavilion master and they went home.

When they were home, Cynthia was extremely happy and wanted to rush in and spread the news of her healed face but Emerald stopped her and said "Cynthia I want to tell you something important".

Wait let me go in and tell father about my face first, she replied.

He won't be happy about it.

Why? Cynthia asked seemingly afraid.

Because he doesn't remember you.

Impossible! Dad has always loved me the most since childhood, how could he forget me? She asked not believing it at all. Just then, their father came.

Greetings dad! They greeted him.

Emerald this is? He asked pointing to Cynthia. Cynthia gasped in short of words.

She is my classmate, Emerald replied.

Okay, since she is your classmate treat her well. Show our hospitality, he said and started leaving. Cynthia gasped again almost crying.

It's been years since your mother died with Cynthia when giving birth to her. So I am going to their grave to keep them company for a while, he said. When you are free, you can come and join me.

Okay, Emerald agreed. Then he left.

So in father's memory me and mother died together during birth years ago, Cynthia said feeling heavily heartbroken and crying. Father, I am Cynthia! She cried harder.

Cynthia you have gotten what you want, isn't that enough?

But what he took was father's memory of me. Father doesn't remember me anymore. That's too cruel.

So you rather have that ugly face for the rest of your life?

I don't know, I don't know, she said looking confused and frustrated. Linda! It's all Linda's fault, because of her I suffered so much. I hate her.

Sister, your hatred isn't meaningful. Now she has become the phoenix, your hatred won't hurt her at all. You have to make Linda suffer more than you.

You are right sister, I want revenge. Sister I want revenge.

In the evening, the imperial advisor came into his room and saw some cloths littered on the floor, he looked at the bed chamber and saw that someone was on the bed behind closed curtains. He walked up to the bed and opened the curtains only to find Cynthia on the bed, covering herself with a bedsheet.

Go back and tell your sister that I accept her offer, he said.

He immediately removed the bedsheet from Cynthia's body while she gasped. Then he jumped on her immediately.

At the devil clan, Linda and Stanley had just arrived at the feast prepared by Zina's brother.

Come, please have a seat, he gestured to them politely.

Where is Mark? I thought he will come with you.

He said he will come with Zina, Stanley replied.

Okay, let's begin, he said and gestured to the servants to place the wine first, before the meal. He stood up and poured wine for them. You know I just want to apologize for what happened last time. I am Fred the fourth prince of the noble fox segment. I am Zina's elder brother, he said. But they didn't respond and only looked at themselves. Then the meal was brought, it was grilled meat.

At the auction the other day I was being rude, I was only helping Zina. You know as her older brother I couldn't stand her being bullied, he explained. So I hope after this cup of wine we will let bygones be bygones. I will drink first, he said, holding up his own cup of wine to show his sincerity. Then he gulped it down.

Stanley and Linda both looked at themselves and nodded at each other, then they both drank theirs without saying a word.

Good you both are really straight forward, let's drink again, he said and poured more wine and they drank.

You know I've always wanted to ask you guys a question about your identity, Frank said. Immediately Stanley and Linda became alert. They looked at each other signaling themselves as if saying "this is the reason for the feast".

You don't need to be on alert, you are Mark's friends and his friends are my friends too. You both are not of the devil's but you suddenly came to the devil clan, are you avoiding something? He asked strategically.

Frank you think too much, Stanley said sternly.

Am just saying Incase you need any help, I am a prince of the fox segment, I can help you out.

Then thank you, Stanley replied again.

Come, let's drink again, Frank said and poured more wine. This time as they drank theirs, he put his cup to his mouth but didn't gulp it down. After a few seconds of drinking the third cup they both felt dizzy and collapsed on the feast table. Frank then signaled to the female special force member of the demon realm who had been hiding behind a tree to come out.