The Suzhou Returnees

The Imperial advisor turn to look at her, "oh" he said. You brought her here, you had the idea of catching the phoenix and now she's ruined everything.

Please let me intercede for my sister, Emerald said.

Not only has your sister ruined everything but suzhou has also rebelled, the imperial advisor shouted.

I volunteer to be the war general to recover suzhou and catch the Phoenix Linda, Emerald bargained. 

You? He asked. What are you capable of?

Instead of replying, Emerald immediately used her spiritual power to hit one of the guards. The Imperial advisor was shocked.

It is a capital crime to kill somebody from the Imperial advisors mansion, the Imperial advisor stated.

I'm sorry emperor advisor if I have offended you, I only wish to show my powers.

The Imperial advisor gestured to another guard to check on the guard who was hit and he was confirmed dead. Then he waved his hand, telling them to take him away.

Okay! I will grant your wish, he said. I will give you one more chance. 

He turned to look at Cynthia degradingly and left in a rage.

In the Minister's mansion, Cynthia sat on the floor crying uncontrollably. Emerald stood beside her watching and consoling her.

Father doesn't recognize me, he doesn't love me anymore but I thought Robb recognized me and loves me, why did he do that to me for Linda? Sister I don't want to live anymore, Cynthia wailed.

Listening to her, Emerald remembered the moment she asked Stanley to leave Linda and he will be free from the formula, but he chose to be with her even though it meant death. This tore at her heart like a sharp knife.

Listen carefully, from now on we have to let go of all emotions and support each other to bring down the person who took everything away from us and make her pay dearly for it. Do you understand? Emerald asked her sister.

Yes sister, Cynthia replied.

Now stop crying and wipe your tears! Tears aren't allowed anymore! Emerald commanded.

Cynthia nodded and they hugged each other.

 At the palace entrance, the imperial advisor brought the edict from the emperor and read it aloud in front of the officials, naming Emerald the commanding general to organize troops and attack Suzhou and also kill the rebel phoenix. Emerald received the edict with delight. She was also named the immortal guardian of Dayu (a position that was supposed to be held by the phoenix).

 In the market square, people gathered around where the notice board was usually kept, gossips filling the air.

I thought 18 students was specially selected to gain admission into the Immortal Cultivation Academy so that the phoenix could be selected? How come the phoenix suddenly became a rebel? Someone asked.

We thought the appearance of the phoenix was a good omen, another person stated.

Now Suzhou has rebelled with the phoenix because they are a parliament under the governance of city governor Noah (Noah is the father of Robb).

 In a deserted piece of land which had an old abandoned house and horse stable, the group of Suzhou natives who had just escaped from Dayu were just having a break from their journey. They roasted wild games and distributed amongst themselves, some were brought to Linda and her mother and brother in the carriage where they sat. As they ate, Linda's mother looked at her silently, different emotions running through her. Although she blamed Linda for her family's downfall she never hated her, Linda is her daughter! Everything she did to Linda after her family's downfall was to protect her and the remaining members of the family at large. Linda possesses something that every other person who wants power will be coveting (the power of the phoenix).

You should just leave, don't implicate the others especially those from Suzhou, her mother said. 

I understand, Linda replied. I will, but before then I would like you to meet Robb.

Okay, her mother agreed.

Linda escorted her mom down the carriage to where Robb sat with the other fighting men from Suzhou.

Greetings Madam Zhou! All the men stood up and greeted her in unison.

She was the wife of the past governor of Suzhou, who was also a general, he personally gave Suzhou it's name. It was after their family's downfall that Noah, his closest friend was named the new governor. This at that time, made many believe Robb's father "Noah" was one of those behind the conspiracy that lead to the incident.

 The men all introduced themselves one by one and pledged their loyalty to her and the whole Suzhou, even though Robb is the current governor as his father died when he was in prison because of Emerald's capture. This made Linda's mother to tear up. She told them to feel free and excused.

Madam Zhou this time my mission is to get vengeance for everything that has happened to Suzhou in the past, Robb said. After I was released this time from prison, I sneaked into the imperial archives only to see that the book holding the record about the Zhou family's rebellion has been torn apart and some pages were missing. After following some leads and met many people who knew what happened in the past, I found out that the incident of the Zhou family and the death of my father were all the work of the imperial advisor. So that's why I had to make sure I bring all natives of Suzhou back home before asking the imperial city for an explanation.

You did well, Linda's mother complimented him. Just do whatever you deem fit, as for me I never thought about getting revenge all this years. Even I thought your father was a mastermind all these years and I resented him. But now I'm relieved to hear that he was a pawn too.

Thank you madam Zhou for forgiving my father.

Ah! Finally we are going back to Suzhou, she said tearfully and hugged her children.

All these years since their family's misfortune, they managed to escape from Suzhou at that time because Linda used her powers to kill all the soldiers against them and came to Dayu where they lived in secret. Since then, only Robb and his father knew that the Zhou family had survivors.